+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 38 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Mark Levinson Nº383

I'm Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    The cutting treble on the L100 is there on the revamps even with ML amplification. You'll only hear it on unsympathetic material.
    Big room, full of people possibly damped it ... which is why I said I'd like a home demo. Didn't check the L-pad settings they were using, either.

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Funny I've never heard any JBL's after all these years...
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

Here it is in 'action'

Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    Here it is in 'action'

Nice, it's certainly a handsome feller, rather like me but with the added bonus that it plays CDs (and probably doesn't fart much).

Hope you get the remote issue sorted - I realise that you sort of feel that the dealer has had you over a bit, but it would be a shame to ditch the whole thing. The front seems to have all the functions you would need, and as you said before, you're not one for using remotes anyway, so waiting for a replacement shouldn't be too much of an inconvenience.

The downside of you having such an enjoyable sounding set up is that you will be so busy listening to it into the wee small hours that you will neglect the really important stuff: regaling us with your rather interesting posts about underwear and body hair "down there"
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Nice, it's certainly a handsome feller, rather like me but with the added bonus that it plays CDs (and probably doesn't fart much).

Hope you get the remote issue sorted - I realise that you sort of feel that the dealer has had you over a bit, but it would be a shame to ditch the whole thing. The front seems to have all the functions you would need, and as you said before, you're not one for using remotes anyway, so waiting for a replacement shouldn't be too much of an inconvenience.

The downside of you having such an enjoyable sounding set up is that you will be so busy listening to it into the wee small hours that you will neglect the really important stuff: regaling us with your rather interesting posts about underwear and body hair "down there"
    It certainly is a 'handsome feller' Steve.. so are you indeed handsome?

Yes I did feel 'that the dealer had me over' a bit but I've calmed down about that as the actual unit is 100% and I really don't want to give it back... It's lovely...

Is it really a 'downside' me not posting about 'underwear and body hair "down there" ?

If that's the case I'll post away
    Bev

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    It certainly is a 'handsome feller' Steve.. so are you indeed handsome?
    He is quite a handsome chap Bev, having met him.

Don't be put off by Marco's shenanigans with the avatar, funny as they are.

Handsome sounds lovely..

So I'll have to ask Steve what he'd like me to post about then....
    Bev

I'm Neil.

and HDCD as well

something to look for in your CD collection, you may well have a few. They do sound better decoded fully. The CD cover will say HDCD on the back.
    Regards Neil

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral Morn View Post
    and HDCD as well

something to look for in your CD collection, you may well have a few. They do sound better decoded fully. The CD cover will say HDCD on the back.
    I'm not sure if I own any HDCD's but I'll take a look...
    Bev

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral Morn View Post
    and HDCD as well

I don't think I've come across HDCD before - is it more an American thing? But then I rarely read CD covers/sleevenotes, as they're so very tiny and I'm so very tight and won't pay for an eye test. Not like in the good old vinyl days when you read every purchase from front to back.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 38 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast