+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 38 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Mark Levinson Nº383

I'm Timothy.

Congrats on the new CD player, Bev. Like you, I don’t mind the swing out drawer of the Naim players either, simple and not much to go wrong there. Have to say though, I liked the transports of my old Naim CDI and CDS2 a little better, but like most things, it is what you are used to.

Have fun and enjoy your ML gear!
    Holbo TT-Nag 110-Croft phono/Innuos Zen MK2/LinnenberG Telemann DAC-Preamp/LinnenberG Allegro monoblocs/Duevel Venus/LinnenberG Maestro SE-Senn. 660S DH Labs cabling

Croft Series 7 amps, WLM La Scala, Naim Uniti1, Naim Nait XS3, Naim ND5XS2, Guru Junior

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    Funny I happen to really like the Naim drawer and there's nothing to go wrong with it either

The 390 slide out tray looks a bit flimsy to me

I think the 390 is being delivered tomorrow so I'll see then what the tray is like but I wont be able to place it in the system until the next day as I need Colins help to slide the amp out as it's just a bit too heavy for me
    When the 390 was introduced, one of the designers visited us with the first one in the UK and demonstrated how you could suspend the whole player, swinging on the tray, just to prove how robust it was.

So, no worries there.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
    When the 390 was introduced, one of the designers visited us with the first one in the UK and demonstrated how you could suspend the whole player, swinging on the tray, just to prove how robust it was.

So, no worries there.
    Let's hope you haven't bought that specific unit!

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Yes lets hope I don't have that one

It arrived today but I've not even unpacked it yet.. and it won't go into the system until tomorrow...
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Steve.

Yes I did read some people had trouble with the tray but mines coming with a warranty so hopefully it'll be ok
    And all because the lady loves...a tray with a warranty
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    And all because the lady loves...a tray with a warranty

You just crack me up Steve...
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

Just unpacked the 390 and it's a beasty....

Seems really well made to me

However I actually can't see it sounding any better than the 5XS & Dac but will see tomorrow...
    Bev

I'm Steve.

Just unpacked the 390 and it's a beasty....

Seems really well made to me

However I actually can't see it sounding any better than the 5XS & Dac but will see tomorrow...
    That's the spirit!

Could you connect the 390 to your dac? Just a thought, or have you already offloaded the old gear? You seem to be enjoying some synergy with the 383 and the Maggies, so this should bode well for the 390...
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    That's the spirit!

Could you connect the 390 to your dac? Just a thought, or have you already offloaded the old gear? You seem to be enjoying some synergy with the 383 and the Maggies, so this should bode well for the 390...
    Absolutely Steve...

I definitely won't be connecting the 390 to the Naim Dac as I'll only use it with the 5XS.... I think Naim goes with Naim... and if I get on with the 390 then I'll be minimising the box count as well...

No I've not offloaded the old gear yet and won't for a few months just to make sure I'm happy with the ML stuff...

However, as you say, I do think I'm enjoying a sort of synergy with the 383 and the Maggies... they seem to love each other... which is nice..
    Bev

Well I couldn't wait so I placed the 390 in the system. I'm stronger than I thought

I have to say that even though the tray looks flimsy it actually isn't, it's made of metal and it seems quite sturdy... it also slides in and out nicely... quality

I think I'll have to take a bit of care placing the cd onto the tray as it's so thin though

Unfortunately it's too late to really play very loud so am listening at a very low volume...
    Bev

+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 38 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast