+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 38 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Mark Levinson Nº383

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    I've decided to make my own RCA and speaker cable and have purchased a load of stuff to help me... new Antex iron etc etc....

I will only use Furutech cable for both RCA & Speaker cable..
    Have you abandoned the SLIC cables Bev?
    Barry

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Have you abandoned the SLIC cables Bev?
    The SLIC's were sold long ago Barry... when I got an all Naim system they were of no use to me..

However I am sure I can make a nice interconnect myself, which I look forward to doing.... as well as a nice speaker cable for the ML
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Ah - I didn't know that.

I make up virtually all of my own cables. This is for various reasons: my system used a range of different connector types, but mostly because I like to have complete control on the choice of cable and of construction. I should also add that I see no reason why any interconnect, complete with connectors, need cost more than £30 - £40 for a stereo pair.
    Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Ah - I didn't know that.

I make up virtually all of my own cables. This is for various reasons: my system used a range of different connector types, but mostly because I like to have complete control on the choice of cable and of construction. I should also add that I see no reason why any interconnect, complete with connectors, need cost more than £30 - £40 for a stereo pair.
    Yes the SLIC went long ago...

I will definitely, for the first time, be making my own interconnects and speaker cable and it will be cable and connectors by Furutech...
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

So for those that have had experience of an ML CD player... can I ask for more info ?

I'm very tempted to get an ML 390s..
    Bev

I've just made an offer on a 390 so time will tell...
    Bev

I'm Dennis.

I think what may have happened to you, is what happens to me sometimes.

Amid all the changing and scrutinising of new equipment, where we are never sure, and that it may be 'just different', sometimes there is a really shocking, unexpected and substantial change.

Our response can be; 'Hey what's going on here?', and you know that something substantial has happened, this reinforced by insights into the material with longer listening, and to material we are familiar with. Then perhaps you look at the equipment and its build, and think, 'Yes they've really applied themselves and worked at it here, this really is a move forward'.

When this happens it is a keeper for me.

Your experience of the ML amp maybe giving you an insight into ML's philosophy and integrity, (though I don't know), a no bells and whistles approach to the task of design.

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    I've just made an offer on a 390 so time will tell...
    If you are getting a 390, you will need balanced cables, not phono.

Thanks for the advice Dave, yes I did wonder that..
    Bev

I'm trying to think of a reason why the ML won't be staying put and I can't think of one at the moment to be honest...

As other's have mentioned I was completely underwhelmed by the ML mono's I heard years ago, but, 'living' with this ML is another thing altogether.. does it sound 'impressive' ? actually no it doesn't..... but do I like what it does? oh yes very much...

Just effortless is how I'd describe the ML at the moment and I think it quite likes driving the Maggies too...

I've left the Maggies pulled further out into the room and they are sounding so much better for it...
    Bev

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 38 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast