+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Mark Levinson Nº383

I'm Grant.

I struggle to see the end of my bolt these days
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    I struggle to see the end of my bolt these days
    Absolutely Grant ....
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Dennis.

That ML looks a beast, and yes, characterless is what a good amp should be like, just getting on with its work without apparent effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharos View Post
    That ML looks a beast, and yes, characterless is what a good amp should be like, just getting on with its work without apparent effort.
    It really is a 'beast' Dennis... so heavy and solidly built... I thought the Naim stuff was well built but the ML takes it to another level...

I've got the ML playing at the moment and, absolutely, it's just working without any 'apparent effort' as you suggest

Love it so far...
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

It's funny but I've always expected an amp to sound sort of what it looks like... if you know what I mean...

However the ML doesn't sound anything like it looks like.... It looks sort of brutish but that's not what it sounds like at all..

It's definitely a silky and effortless sort of sound somehow...

Don't know if that makes any sense at all...
    Bev

I'm openingabottleofwine.

In my opinion the cosmetics of the current Mark Levinson gear look stylish, understated and elegant. I would expect the abilities of the amp to be one of effortless capacity to simply relay the music without errors of either commission or omission.
    Barry

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    It's funny but I've always expected an amp to sound sort of what it looks like... if you know what I mean...

However the ML doesn't sound anything like it looks like.... It looks sort of brutish but that's not what it sounds like at all..

It's definitely a silky and effortless sort of sound somehow...

Don't know if that makes any sense at all...
    Knowing what ML gear tends to sound like, I understand what you mean Bev.

(you should hear ML CD players, they're amazing)
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post

I've been flirting with getting one for sometime now. Reports of problems occurring due to the very shallow disc tray have tempered my enthusiasm though.
    Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    In my opinion the cosmetics of the current Mark Levinson gear look stylish, understated and elegant. I would expect the abilities of the amp to be one of effortless capacity to simply relay the music without errors of either commission or omission.
    Thanks Barry...

Stylish, understated and elegant, well I don't know about that.... to be honest I think the ML just looks brutish compared to anything else I've owned... but certainly effortless I can agree with
    Bev

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post

The only previous experience I had of ML gear was the huge mono's which did nothing for me at all...

BUT...'living' with the ML is another thing altogether

I just love it's sound, or no sound, to be honest

I am certainly tempted with a ML cd player...
    Bev

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast