+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 38 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Mark Levinson Nº383

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    What Mrs P ?
    I spotted that almost as soon as I posted it, but I thought sod it, no one will notice. Wrong! Although that might be a better arrangement - Mrs. P just constantly complains: "Turn it down, it's making my ears bleed" and "You're not playing that crap again, even the cat's left the room". Whereas Leinani (my hula girl) just dances with a lovely smile even if I'm playing "Titties and Beer" by Frank Zappa.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Martin.

It comes as no surprise to learn you are a Zappa fan.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    I spotted that almost as soon as I posted it, but I thought sod it, no one will notice. Wrong! Although that might be a better arrangement - Mrs. P just constantly complains: "Turn it down, it's making my ears bleed" and "You're not playing that crap again, even the cat's left the room". Whereas Leinani (my hula girl) just dances with a lovely smile even if I'm playing "Titties and Beer" by Frank Zappa.
    Saw Zappa play Wembley Arena years ago during his Titties and Beer tour. He was excellent.

Barry (also a Zappa fan)
    Barry

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

I'm sure you really love Mrs P to bits though Steve...
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Saw Zappa play Wembley Arena years ago during his Titties and Beer tour. He was excellent.

Barry (also a Zappa fan)
    A regret of mine that I never got to see him.

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Steve.

I'm sure you really love Mrs P to bits though Steve...
    May I direct your attention to my rather soppy post in "Tell me Something..." thread I was having a mardy moment - hormones I think

T'other system:

A/V:

I guess I could always get a few of those dancing flower jobbies.. that'd fill the space left behind by the Naim bits n pieces...
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

Well after 'living' with the two ML's now for a little while I cannot see any reason not to sell the Naim straight away... I don't think I could go back now... which is nice I guess...

I normally hold onto stuff for a few weeks/months but I am so liking the sound of the two ML's I can't see any reason to hold onto the Naim
    Bev

I'm Geoff.

Well after 'living' with the two ML's now for a little while I cannot see any reason not to sell the Naim straight away... I don't think I could go back now... which is nice I guess...

I normally hold onto stuff for a few weeks/months but I am so liking the sound of the two ML's I can't see any reason to hold onto the Naim
    I would encourage you to go back to the Naim for a short time just to realise how the Maggies sound without the extra grunt. That way you would never regret parting with the Naim stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    I would encourage you to go back to the Naim for a short time just to realise how the Maggies sound without the extra grunt. That way you would never regret parting with the Naim stuff.
    That's a good piont Geoff... I will indeed try the Naim again just to make sure but I don't think I will regret parting with the Naim to be honest... I loved the SN2 but I do think owning the Maggies has shown it's 'weakness' if that makes sense..
    Bev

+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 38 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast