+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Mark Levinson Nº383

I'm openingabottleofwine.

As if VU meters were not a sufficient distraction, you add a hula-hula doll? Why not complete the distraction with a couple of sound-activated dancing flowers that were all the rage in the '90s?

Barry

I'm Steve.

Very similar, but mine also plays a Ukulele. She makes me smile, but when I placed it among Mrs. P's Willow Tree figurines it didn't go down well. She said Hula Girl was lowering the tone of the place Which is why she now lives in the van.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    As if VU meters were not a sufficient distraction, you add a hula-hula doll? Why not complete the distraction with a couple of sound-activated dancing flowers that were all the rage in the '90s?

I do prefer cordless technology wherever practical, so if I come across a solar powered one of these on holiday I may just treat myself. Got to be careful though that it doesn't become a collecting obsession. I would want to be known as that mad bloke whose house is overrun with hula girls and flowers. As with cat ownership, less is more.

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Martin.

Regrettably they also clutter the windowsills where I work in some sort of massive homage to tat. The flowers even have names written on them.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    I do prefer cordless technology wherever practical, so if I come across a solar powered one of these on holiday I may just treat myself. Got to be careful though that it doesn't become a collecting obsession. I would want to be known as that mad bloke whose house is overrun with hula girls and flowers. As with cat ownership, less is more.
    That was the only image I could find. The dancing flowers I had in mind were cordless and used a battery.
    Barry

I'm Steve.

That's ok then, I wouldn't mind a battery powered one. I really don't want mains powered - A quick count shows that I already have 14 items plugged into my two available sockets and that's more than enough. Besides, having a wire hanging out of the back would spoil the realism somewhat.

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Regrettably they also clutter the windowsills where I work in some sort of massive homage to tat. The flowers even have names written on them.
    I bet they feel the same way about all the apple Danish crumbs and the framed photos of you shaking hands with Nelson Pass that litter your desk

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Martin.

I have a picture of him from the waist up. I call it my 'Half Nelson.'
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Which is why she now lives in the van.
    What Mrs P ?
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    What Mrs P ?
    Regards Neil

+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast