+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 LastLast

Thread: Mark Levinson Nº383

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral Morn View Post
    I am glad the remote is being sorted out for you Bev
    Thanks Neil

As I mentioned it's not really a problem for me as I don't use a remote for any of my equipment but if I ever want to use the 390 as a pre amp then I will need the remote
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Dennis.

From all that has happened so far Bev, it really looks like things are good for you, and it will stay.

It is really reassuring when little difficulties occur, but each is dealt with well, and confirms the quality of equipment and the reputation of the company, then, consolidation occurs.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharos View Post
    From all that has happened so far Bev, it really looks like things are good for you, and it will stay.

It is really reassuring when little difficulties occur, but each is dealt with well, and confirms the quality of equipment and the reputation of the company, then, consolidation occurs.
    I agree Dennis.... these things happen but these days I'm not going to make a big fuss about it as long as it's sorted out...

Definitely the 383 and the 390 are staying put as I just love how they sound via the Maggies...
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

Before the 390 posts are up can anyone tell me why the 390 gets rather warm? I've not owned a cd player before that gets so toasty..
    Bev

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    Before the 390 posts are up can anyone tell me why the 390 gets rather warm? I've not owned a cd player before that gets so toasty..
    According to the Stereophile review that is normal. Maybe it because it has two separate power supplies?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

Maybe that's why Martin

Never before had a cd player that got remotely warm
    Bev

I'm Justin.

All the best stuff gets hot.

Got to throw away the dud electrons in the form of heat. It's a quantum thang

I don't know about that Justin but certainly the 390 does get warm

I'm sure I read somewhere that it operates in Class A... whatever that is in a cd player... I've no idea
    Bev

I'm openingabottleofwine.

All of my Mark Levinson gear runs warm - some of it, the Class A monoblocks, actually run hot; so hot you cannot really touch the heatsinks for any length of time.
    Barry

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    I don't know about that Justin but certainly the 390 does get warm

I'm sure I read somewhere that it operates in Class A... whatever that is in a cd player... I've no idea
    Yeah I was looking for that in the Stereophile review Bev, but it wasn't mentioned in my quick skim over it ...

Maybe it has a class A output stage.

I did smile when they were comparing it to my long gone MF Tri-Vista SACD, though. Looks like it is at about the same level as that. Which was pretty good. Class A+ rated I believe.

I prefer my Lampi to the MF, but it isn't a technically good DAC IMHO. It is just flexible and fun to play with and subjectively sounds very good indeed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 LastLast