+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 38 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Mark Levinson Nº383

I'm Martin.

Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Justin.

I'm Shane.

Forget about the bloody remote. The exercise will do you good, Bev.

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm Dennis.

I think Logitech remotes are well made.

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
    If it isn't repairable, which I doubt, then the retailer should replace it with a new one from ML. Probably a couple of hundred £ trade.
    Well they tell me there are no new remotes available Dave unless you know different

Maybe you could let me know who I should contact at ML to double check myself if one is available, just to make sure I'm not being fobbed off as it were
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Dave.

You need to contact the UK distributor, which I believe is Karma AV. I can't believe there isn't a remote they can offer you and it is up to the retailer to pay for it.

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Thanks Dave it is Karma AV that have my remote at the moment so at least it's gone to the right place...
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Dave.

Levinson the company, must have the ability to repair or be able to supply a replacement remote for you. There were tens of thousands of Levinson products sold, around the time when the 383 was current and there will be a suitable remote available.

When we were selling Levinson and Proceed, any spares required were couriered from the USA and with us the next day. There was no waiting around. The reputation was paramount.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
    Levinson the company, must have the ability to repair or be able to supply a replacement remote for you. There were tens of thousands of Levinson products sold, around the time when the 383 was current and there will be a suitable remote available.

When we were selling Levinson and Proceed, any spares required were couriered from the USA and with us the next day. There was no waiting around. The reputation was paramount.
    Levinson have changed hands since then, the new situation may not be as good. I think Harmon Specialty owned them then, Madrigal labs before that, if I recall correctly. I think someone else bought them recently ohhh yes Samsung owns them now
    Regards Neil

I'm Dave.

I realise that and it's a great pity that Madrigal was bought out but even so, any decent manufacturer will be able to repair or replace a remote control. It beggars belief that Levinson isn't able to service older products. It's more likely that someone in the chain hasn't done what they should.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 38 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast