+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Mark Levinson Nº383

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
    I realise that and it's a great pity that Madrigal was bought out but even so, any decent manufacturer will be able to repair or replace a remote control. It beggars belief that Levinson isn't able to service older products. It's more likely that someone in the chain hasn't done what they should.
    Or they simply don't care, not in warranty, not original purchaser and as such, not our problem. That happens a lot.

There is some controversy in regards to Madrigals taking over ML, there is a wiki article about it.
    Regards Neil

I'm Martin.

When I e-mailed Krell the other day asking if there was any chance of getting a schematic for my amplifier it took them just 38 minutes to send me a reply with the required info. That's for a product they have not made in 25 years. Worth bearing in mind when considering the purchase of vintage high end kit.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    When I e-mailed Krell the other day asking if there was any chance of getting a schematic for my amplifier it took them just 38 minutes to send me a reply with the required info. That's for a product they have not made in 25 years. Worth bearing in mind when considering the purchase of vintage high end kit.
    Just as well you didn't contact their UK distributor. I once had a great convo were one of AS guys proceeded to BS me about the laser in a Krell CD player needing special installation tools and calibration and the laser was £500. Yeah right for a £25 Sanyo laser. We sorted a replacement, and it was fitted by the shops engineer.
    Regards Neil

I'm David.

We will never purchase any item that Absolute Sounds represent after the problem with a Audio Research Ref5se packing up after 3yrs 2mths. Cost quoted £4000 to 4500 even though there is a 3 year warranty. Not only that their engineer had it stashed away for over 1 year.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by antonio View Post
    We will never purchase any item that Absolute Sounds represent after the problem with a Audio Research Ref5se packing up after 3yrs 2mths. Cost quoted £4000 to 4500 even though there is a 3 year warranty. Not only that their engineer had it stashed away for over 1 year.

Had it been run over by a bus? How could any repair cost that I would have bypassed them and gone to AR direct.
    Regards Neil

I'm alan.

Sorry Ant.......but weren't you a couple months out of warranty.

Try buying a Mercedes.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by thingfish View Post
    Sorry Ant.......but weren't you a couple months out of warranty.

Try buying a Mercedes.
    A decent company will not quibble over a few months.
    Regards Neil

I'm alan.

Okay......name the so called decent company's that will go over their stated warranty.

Once warranty expires it's.......Fuk Yoo.

Should have bought our very reasonable extended cover Sir.....!!!!?

I'm Neil.

Okay......name the so called decent company's that will go over their stated warranty.

AMR for one, from personal experience. Anyway this is drifting way off from Bev's theme.
    Regards Neil

I'm David.

Should have bought our very reasonable extended cover Sir.....!!!!?
    I don't believe one was offered. Agree it was over their warranty, but it had been back for a check-up and new valves, so actually used less than 2 months over warranty. Anyway it was sold as spares on ebay and here's a reply I received from him.

Hello Dave,

I just wanted to let you know, that I managed to repair REF-5. I took me some time, as I worked slow when I had time, and I had to get some parts also from USA. The repair was quite complicated, as many sections were blown. The display module was blown, the control CPU board was blown, and also the volume section.I was able to repair all these parts, but normally at service these boards would be changed. It took me a lot of labor hours, so this repair would be very expensive at service.So, as you can see, it came in good hands, and will stay here for long time. I also got black face plate to match my other AR gear, so will send you photo in black, when it will be assembled.

Best regards
    Jakob

+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast