+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 38 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: Mark Levinson Nº383

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    ... the words are just sort of 'there' without trying to hear them..

.. so tracks are now making more sense to me than I can remember before...
    I have recently experienced this (from vinyl) having bought a different SUT. It must be so much better matched to my Lyra cart, even my 'economy' OTP3 phono stage is sounding amazing.

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Whatever you do with your day, that day will always end with just undies.
    Or not if you don't wear any
    It sounds like your ML CD/amp combination could be a real winner, giving you an insight into the vocals. Providing it doesn't start to get on your wick after a bit
    Well I'm really enjoying the combo at the moment... but if it starts to 'get on my wick' then I'll just sell it on....
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    I have recently experienced this (from vinyl) having bought a different SUT. It must be so much better matched to my Lyra cart, even my 'economy' OTP3 phono stage is sounding amazing.
    Nice one Alan..

I know it's a bit of a cliché but the 390 doesn't sound very 'digital'... it's difficult to explain though... it's just sounding lovely at the moment....
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Dennis.

I have gradually come to the conclusion that often the greater fidelity has for me increased intelligibility, and the result is that it gets on my nerves because the art itself does that, it being a more clear rendition of the humanity.

Often the 'amateur' nature of a performance also comes out, and this spoils personal illusions.

Didn't quite understand that one Dennis
    Bev

The 390 is sounding nice, so far so good

I think it's about the best I've heard cd to sound but will still give it some weeks/months before deciding whether it stays put or not...

If I decide it stays then selling the 5XS & Dac will more than pay for it, maybe with a little over, which is nice . If it does stay then I'll have surplus shelves on the unit.. the SN2+HiCap+5XS+Dac will go down to just 383 & 390... now what am I going to put on the other shelves...?
    Bev

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharos View Post
    I have gradually come to the conclusion that often the greater fidelity has for me increased intelligibility, and the result is that it gets on my nerves because the art itself does that, it being a more clear rendition of the humanity.

Often the 'amateur' nature of a performance also comes out, and this spoils personal illusions.
    Rather like comparing an oil painting of a scene with a high resolution photo of same. 'Warts and all' may not be so desirable, it may be preferable to have a picture of the music which although not perfect is nevertheless pleasing to behold, rather than having every last detail chucked in your face.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    The 390 is sounding nice, so far so good

I think it's about the best I've heard cd to sound but will still give it some weeks/months before deciding whether it stays put or not...

If I decide it stays then selling the 5XS & Dac will more than pay for it, maybe with a little over, which is nice . If it does stay then I'll have surplus shelves on the unit.. the SN2+HiCap+5XS+Dac will go down to just 383 & 390... now what am I going to put on the other shelves...?
    Have you considered a solar-powered dancing hula girl? Thought not, but don't dismiss it out of hand. She would fit nicely on your shelf as she's only three inches tall, and when the sun comes out she really knows how to wriggle them hips. I got one on my holidays last year, and she has taken up permanent residence in my van. Just needs a bit of sunshine to make her really boogie.

Just say the word and I'll pick one up for you next month - I'm already bringing one back for a customer who took a shine to mine They do cost 2 quid though
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Dennis.

Yes my post 264 was a little obscure, and yes the more I hear, sometimes the less the art appeals as stated.

But do we want illusion for comfort, given that what we are all doing actually is projecting our own feelings onto the art itself, which is of course much easier when the art is revealed in lower resolution?

But, and today I am blown away by what I heard, (and on FM's "Sounds of the Seventies"), it can also provide more pleasure when the art is well done; some of the drumming and guitar work from that period so reveals that much modern computer sequenced art is lacking in dynamics and clarity. I thoroughly enjoyed much that is not even particularly 'my bag'.

I'm Justin.

Have you considered a solar-powered dancing hula girl? Thought not, but don't dismiss it out of hand. She would fit nicely on your shelf as she's only three inches tall, and when the sun comes out she really knows how to wriggle them hips. I got one on my holidays last year, and she has taken up permanent residence in my van. Just needs a bit of sunshine to make her really boogie.

Just say the word and I'll pick one up for you next month - I'm already bringing one back for a customer who took a shine to mine They do cost 2 quid though
    Like this?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 38 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast