+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: Mark Levinson Nº383

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

The UK distributor has mailed me today and confirmed that a complete new PCB is available for the 390 remote and they've ordered one for mine. I think it's coming from US so I'll give it a week or so

I'm just pleased the remote problem can be resolved as the 390 is continuing to shine
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

Oh and if any mod wants to 'lock' this thread at No.383 that's ok by me... only 40 odd to go....
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Great news - 39 to go!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    Great news - 39 to go!
    Absolutely not long now...
    Bev

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Given that the thread has drifted from discussion of the ML 383 to that of the ML 390, the thread ought to be closed at 390; by which time Bev will have her new remote control.
    Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Given that the thread has drifted from discussion of the ML 383 to that of the ML 390, the thread ought to be closed at 390; by which time Bev will have her new remote control.
    So at 390 posts the thread should be closed... I'm ok with that.. as you say it has 'drifted' a bit...
    Bev

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

No pressure - we have to get this spot on, musn’t finish early...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    No pressure - we have to get this spot on, musn’t finish early...
    Absolutely Alex we will have to finish with a flurry, as it were...
    Bev

I'm Neil.

I am glad the remote is being sorted out for you Bev
    Regards Neil

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by antonio View Post
    I don't believe one was offered. Agree it was over their warranty, but it had been back for a check-up and new valves, so actually used less than 2 months over warranty. Anyway it was sold as spares on ebay and here's a reply I received from him.

Hello Dave,

I just wanted to let you know, that I managed to repair REF-5. I took me some time, as I worked slow when I had time, and I had to get some parts also from USA. The repair was quite complicated, as many sections were blown. The display module was blown, the control CPU board was blown, and also the volume section.I was able to repair all these parts, but normally at service these boards would be changed. It took me a lot of labor hours, so this repair would be very expensive at service.So, as you can see, it came in good hands, and will stay here for long time. I also got black face plate to match my other AR gear, so will send you photo in black, when it will be assembled.

Best regards
    Jakob
    That so much went wrong, is stagering and would put me off ever trying an Audio Research product. That AS treated you so badly, awful. I would never wish to do business with them.
    Regards Neil

+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast