+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 38 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Mark Levinson Nº383

I'm Martin.

Maybe try and see if the dealer will source a replacement remote for you?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Maybe try and see if the dealer will source a replacement remote for you?
    Best advice yet.

Bev if the unit is OK, isn't that objectively the least hassle and most realistic option?

Sure you may feel like you have been crossed. But the unit isn't new. New stuff costs much more and shouldn't have any drawbacks. A screwed remote on a second hand unit for a decent price isn't such a bad thing.

Sort something out on the remote I reckon. But only if the unit justifies the price.for it's second hand condition.

I'm Dennis.

I agree pretty well with Justin, and that was one option I had in mind with my earlier post, the other, a refund for the cost of the remote which you can then buy a replacement.

I'm David.

Good luck with whichever way you choose to go.

I'm Dave.

It's a great machine so if it's just the remote, get them to source you a replacement. Spares are readily available from the distributor. Shame to let it go just for the remote.

I'm Peter.

I've just returned from the Munich show, where, inspired by your enthusiasm for your new amp, I sought out the Mark Levinson room for a visit. Luckily, when I visited they were demo'ing the latest integrated with their brand new (sa)cd player, which was impressive even with plain CDs. The set-up really gripped the speakers, and did pretty much everything you'd want from a digital source. Later, they moved onto the current ML streamer, which was also was very good, although I preferred the cd player.

Interestingly they were using a pair of JBL L100 Classic speakers, which were very impressive, with no hint of the boomy bass or cutting treble that some people complained about with 1970s originals. Apparently, although looking the same as the originals, everything else has been re-engineered, including using a very decent titanium tweeter. Came away thinking I'd like to hear a pair at home.

All in all, this was probably the best 'all-rounder' digital system I heard at the shoe, sounding excellent on a whole range of different styles of music. Actually, it was noticable that, unlike many exhibitors, they seemed to relish showing off its ability to shine with everything thrown at it, so we got to hear a really wide range of different stuff. I actually stayed for nearly an hour, just enjoying the music, so it must have been doing something right

FWIW, if the cd player you have is anywhere near what I heard, it must be worth trying to hang on to it? Hope the dealer does the right thing ....

I'm Neil.

If ML keep stock of a 15 year old CD Player/Processor spares, such as the RC, then thats very good, as many companies don't keep spares that long for out of production models. Always read good things about ML digital sources, but never got round to trying/hearing one.

Only thing, the remote could be a few hundred pounds to replace.
    Regards Neil

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Well I’ve calmed down a bit now about it.

The dealer has been in contact and suggested I send the remote to ML UK for repair or replacement and they will cover the cost etc. Apparently the dealer has a friend at ML

I’ve not responded yet as I know my contract is with the dealer so really they should be sorting out any problems

However the 390 itself looks pretty much like new and operates without fault and is sounding lovely
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Justin.

The cutting treble on the L100 is there on the revamps even with ML amplification. You'll only hear it on unsympathetic material.

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Having further time with the 390 I can report a bit further, I think...

Firstly it's a lovely thing to actually use... it's heavy and built like a tank with nice tactile buttons and the metal drawer slides in & out with a wisper...

Sound wise I have no idea if this makes any sense but I think it 'sounds' like the amp... I know, I know how can a cd player sound like an amp? well it can't obviously, but it seems to have much the same qualities as the 383

To elaborate further I'd say it doesn't draw attention to itself and just gets on with it's job.... it does nothing wrong sound wise (so far!) .. does it sound impressive? well no not really, just like the amp .. but sounds detailed and expressive without any harshness, just like the 383

I'm going to be listening into the night so hopefully will report further when I get more of a 'handle' on it's sound

So far I'm very happy with it

Apart from the remote, of course..
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 38 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast