+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 38 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Mark Levinson Nº383

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    He is quite a handsome chap Bev, having met him.

Don't be put off by Marco's shenanigans with the avatar, funny as they are.
    Stop it, you guys are making me blush!

And I'm a bit uncomfortable about my looks being built up as it can only go one way from there - bit like going to see a film which has had excellent reviews, so you go to see it and come out thinking "what a steaming pile of cack that was". All about expectations. So I'd rather be described as looking like my head was set on fire then the flames put out with a cricket bat.

And some of Marco's avatars come pretty close
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    I don't think I've come across HDCD before - is it more an American thing? But then I rarely read CD covers/sleevenotes, as they're so very tiny and I'm so very tight and won't pay for an eye test. Not like in the good old vinyl days when you read every purchase from front to back.
    It was a thing that a fair number of CDs were realeased with back in the day. So fair chance Bev will have a few
    Regards Neil

I'm Dennis.

Bev, I suggest that in talking to the seller you establish that he is accepting responsibility under contract to correct the remote problem, and if that is confirmed then you posting it with a note confirming that to ML will save time and money

Also, when talking to the seller try not to reveal your enthusiasm for the machine.

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharos View Post
    Bev, I suggest that in talking to the seller you establish that he is accepting responsibility under contract to correct the remote problem, and if that is confirmed then you posting it with a note confirming that to ML will save time and money

Also, when talking to the seller try not to reveal your enthusiasm for the machine.
    Thanks Dennis as I've already done that
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharos View Post

Very sound advice, show 'em who's boss!

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

Absolutely Steve I think I've done that ok...

So what do you want me to post about then ? you can tell me...
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Steve.

Ooh that's a tricky one, it's usually only gay blokes that ask me that sort of thing...

Well, I decided to sleep on it, and after a night of rather disturbing dreams involving baked beans and a Kenwood whisk, I thought it safer to go with the most popular suggestion (ok it was just Alan Firebottle) that a pic of you modelling your NYDJ's while sat on your ML amp would be a good start. Or it could just be a milk crate if that makes it easier.

And with holidays in the sun fast approaching I'd welcome your views on Granny's bloomers vs thongs as appropriate beach wear this season as I'm a bit out of touch with current trends.

T'other system:

A/V:

It's far to warm to be wearing jeans at the moment, NYDJ's or otherwise, skirts only at the moment...

Well I wouldn't wear 'bloomers' or 'thongs' on the beach or elsewhere... I don't like thongs at all for undies they are nasty things I reckon

Gosh ML to undies, you couldn't make it up could you? only here on AoS maybe...
    Bev

I have only just noticed something.. I don't know if it's the 390 or the 383 doing it, or both maybe...but I suspect the 390, over the Naim, has bought this about...

I very rarely sit down and listen to my music as it's just 'on' while I'm doing other things but what I've just realised is that I can hear very clearly the words on the cd.. that's without actually concentrating on it ... the words are just sort of 'there' without trying to hear them..

There are cd's that I know very well but can't remember actually hearing the words properly.. so tracks are now making more sense to me than I can remember before...

Which is nice.....
    Bev

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    It's far to warm to be wearing jeans at the moment, NYDJ's or otherwise, skirts only at the moment...

Well I wouldn't wear 'bloomers' or 'thongs' on the beach or elsewhere... I don't like thongs at all for undies they are nasty things I reckon

Gosh ML to undies, you couldn't make it up could you? only here on AoS maybe...
    ML to undies seems to me the natural order of things - Whatever you do with your day, that day will always end with just undies.

It sounds like your ML CD/amp combination could be a real winner, giving you an insight into the vocals. Providing it doesn't start to get on your wick after a bit

T'other system:

A/V:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 38 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast