+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 38 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Mark Levinson Nº383

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    Well I couldn't wait so I placed the 390 in the system. I'm stronger than I thought

I have to say that even though the tray looks flimsy it actually isn't, it's made of metal and it seems quite sturdy... it also slides in and out nicely... quality

I think I'll have to take a bit of care placing the cd onto the tray as it's so thin though

Unfortunately it's too late to really play very loud so am listening at a very low volume...
    Now I’m twice as jealous! I’ve eyed that 390 for some time, and it exudes quality. It was on my short list when I bought my Cary CD player, but as so often happens with used equipment, we buy from what’s available when we are ready to buy.

Your assessment of how your amp sounds is more of what I expected, from reviews I’ve read in the past. But of course associated equipment has everything to do with it. With a pair of sensitive horns it may sound completely different? So glad to hear you’re happy with your new gear!

And I don’t blame you for holding onto your old stuff, I’ve done the same! I’ve still got most of the last two stereos I’ve owned, it’s about time to sell some of it I guess. After two years I doubt I’ll go back now.

Russell

I'm David.

My monies on the 390 over the Naim.

I'm Dave.

Having stocked Naim and Levinson, demonstrating one against t'other, I can tell you there is no contest.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Well I couldn't wait so I placed the 390 in the system. I'm stronger than I thought

I have to say that even though the tray looks flimsy it actually isn't, it's made of metal and it seems quite sturdy... it also slides in and out nicely... quality

I think I'll have to take a bit of care placing the cd onto the tray as it's so thin though

Unfortunately it's too late to really play very loud so am listening at a very low volume...
    That was the problem I mentioned. The tray is so shallow, that unless the CD is properly located in the recess, the tray it will jam when it closes; damaging both player and disc. Take care.

Looking forward to hearing more about your player.
    Barry

I'm Dave.

Use it a couple of times and it is second nature. Over many years, demonstrating the 390, I never damaged a CD or caused any damage. If the CD is not seated properly, the drawer will stop and 'open' will free it.

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Well the 390 does sound good..

However I've just unpacked the remote and it doesn't work so I will be returning the whole thing to the seller

Most of the buttons are ok but the volume down button doesn't work at all so if I wanted to use it as a pre I couldn't

I don't think I've ever received a bit of kit that doesn't work before so it's a first for me

Very disappointing
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Dave.

Well the 390 does sound good..

However I've just unpacked the remote and it doesn't work so I will be returning the whole thing to the seller

Most of the buttons are ok but the volume down button doesn't work at all so if I wanted to use it as a pre I couldn't

I don't think I've ever received a bit of kit that doesn't work before so it's a first for me

Very disappointing
    Might well be just the remote but whatever it is, it can be serviced.

I'm Grant.

Might be a setting in menu for enabling it or it may be that it has to be used as a pre for it to work. could also be a link inside etc. speak to ml
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Yes it's definitely the remote as the button is stuck and doesn't click

The remote also looks awful, it's extremely worn with black patches where the anodising has come off
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Grant.

ah, so its a used model... ah well if it wasnt in the description/pics then its false advertising
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 38 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast