+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For Sale: Audio Technica LP5 Direct Drive Turntable, all accessories, boxed, superb.

I'm Ron.

Default For Sale: Audio Technica LP5 Direct Drive Turntable, all accessories, boxed, superb.

My Audio Technica LP5 has been lightly used in my "study" system for just 2 years now and has been a pleasure to use. It is direct drive with a Technics style arm, Audio Technica AT95EX cartridge, AT HS10 headshell and an in built phono pre-amp. It also contains a DAC, software CD and USB lead for digitising and archiving LPs if you do that sort of thing. All leads, plugs, instructions, packaging etc are included and in perfect cosmetic and working order, as is the platter, lid, cartridge, plinth and mat.

I have used the cartridge and phono amp occasionally and they provide very good sound, the cartridge is particularly surprising and is a better variant of the universally liked AT95E. Some of the pix show a different cart (not included as you might imagine) as I have experimented with my collection. The standard items and the deck as a whole is an excellent low cost way into vinyl or for a second system (as I did) or for archiving (which I didn't). Pitch stability is reassuring: a DD strength.

For all this goodness, say, £240 posted with a courier and insured, UK mainland. I could travel with it a shortish way or if you wanted to pick up (and audition) that would be great too and the price could reflect this.

PM for more details or a chat. And now for the pix:

Ron

Main: Michell Tecnodec Rega RB600/Tecno bits, Ortofon 530MkII, Beard P100 phono, Naim Uniti Atom, ProAc D20R

Study: JBL L52 Classic, Bluesound Powernode 3, Technics SL-1210GR Denon 110, Project Tube Box S2 phono stage

Other stuff: Technics SL1200 Mk2, Dali Spektor 1, Pro-ject MAIA S3 etc.

I'm steve.

Default For Sale: Audio Technica LP5 Direct Drive Turntable, all accessories, boxed, superb.

Might have more joy at a slightly lower price as there are several vendors atm selling new ones for £249. Great deck btw, I have one myself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Ron.

Yes it is a good deck and I am sure a potential buyer can make an offer if interested - all considered.
    Ron

Main: Michell Tecnodec Rega RB600/Tecno bits, Ortofon 530MkII, Beard P100 phono, Naim Uniti Atom, ProAc D20R

Study: JBL L52 Classic, Bluesound Powernode 3, Technics SL-1210GR Denon 110, Project Tube Box S2 phono stage

I'm Ron.

A bit of further research does indeed show some outlets selling at £250 ish, which is not great news for me! However, I would like to sell the deck and imagine it would be excellent for a starter system for a youngster or possibly a second system somewhere. As it happens I have a pair of UK made Tannoy Mercury M1s also now unused so will include those with the AT LP-5 if picked up, as I only have packaging for the deck as shown above. The speaker cones are excellent while there are some marks/signs of age here and there but they work fine.

Picked up I suggest £170 for deck and speakers; if you want just the deck that is fine too and all offers considered. Happy to meet within reasonable distance but if posting the deck that would be additional, at about £20 including insurance, according to Parcel2go.

Last edited by REW; 07-04-2019 at 19:44.
    Ron

I'm Ron.

Offers invited.
    Ron

I'm Ron.

Some interest; any more? A remarkably good turntable and cartridge for not a lot.
    Ron

I'm Ron.

Offers around £170 (including small Tannoys if required). Way more fun than an Easter egg

Happy to demo, btw.
    Ron

I'm Ron.

Keeping it simple, £150 for the deck collected (or plus courier circa £10). Tannoys free to a good home...
    Ron

I'm Roger.

I'd like to take the deck. pm sent

I'm Ron.

And replied...
    Ron

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast