+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTD DIN to RCA cable to suit Jelco tonearm

I'm Roger.

Default WTD DIN to RCA cable to suit Jelco tonearm

I'm looking for a DIN to RCA cable to suit a Jelco tonearm. I have already got a spare Linn standard cable but I'm looking for something a bit better for my new Jelco SA-750D arm. Have you got anything suitable?

I'm Nick.

The timestep ultra red worked very well for me.

http://www.soundhifi.com/cable.html

£35 incl p&p

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rodgerdodger15 View Post
    I'm looking for a DIN to RCA cable to suit a Jelco tonearm. I have already got a spare Linn standard cable but I'm looking for something a bit better for my new Jelco SA-750D arm. Have you got anything suitable?
    Dubster68 has just replaced his Jelco Tonearm cable with a SPOTFIRE tonearm cable. I'm sure he'd share his opinion on the differences, if you ask him.

I'm Roger.

Thanks for the replies from both of you. I do have a nice looking cable poking out of the back of a deck with an AT1120 arm on it but I don't know if a compatible cable lies within and the deck would be quite difficult to dismantle as the arm has an oil damping reservoir as far as I know. I may have a go at this in a day or two if no decent offer comes along.

I'm Alan.

What is your budget Roger?...
    'ANDSOME IN THE SUMMER..'ORIBBLE IN THE WINTER. Barney Milne

Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Benz M2 Ruby cantilever, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Densen D20, Densen D30, Cambridge Audio 840A V2 integrated, Pioneer SX-N30AE Network Stereo Receiver, Roksan Darius speakers, Technics speakers, Canon speakers, Bastanis Dragonfly Horns, REL Storm III sub, Target R1 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

I'm Roger.

Good point. Probably up to about £50. You can get cables on ebay from about £35 but if there is something better pre-owned I'd be interested.

I'm Mick.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Dubster68 has just replaced his Jelco Tonearm cable with a SPOTFIRE tonearm cable. I'm sure he'd share his opinion on the differences, if you ask him.
    Hi Roger
    I have just bought one of Ollies Spotfire cables and they are a very different sound to the Jelco one it replaced. I aways took the cable thing with a pinch of salt as if a cable is of good construction it should work ok. Anyway the Spotfire has a very clean precise sound and I would say its worth the money at not a great expense compared to some cables out there. The construction is up there with the best and sounds amazing for the price.
    Technics SL1210 MK2 fully rebuilt and repainted. Ortofon 2M Black Cart, Isonoe isolation feet , MN bearing and Funk Firm platter upgrade, Oyaide RCA Tone Arm and speaker cables, Jelco SA-750D Tonearm. Oyaide HS-TF Carbon headshell, MCRU Linear External PSU, High Fidelity Crystal glass turntable matt, Blue LED upgrade, Denon AVR-2808CI Amp, Bowers and Wilkins DM602S3 Speakers,
    Black Rhodium Jazz power cables for amp and turntable, Firebottle mk2 Phono Stage.

I'm Joe.

You won't get much better than the Yannis Tome cables at any price point.

Bigman80 Guest

Last edited by Bigman80; 04-04-2019 at 15:12.

I'm Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    That's debatable.
    You would say that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast