+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Knakcered remotes

I'm Mike.

Default Knakcered remotes

Just bought an old Mission cdp the pcm 7000, seller said remote was 'intermittent', well its dead, any ideas how to revive? The same happened with the last cdp I bought - the Pioneer PD8700, but with that I simply took the remote apart and reassembled. Tried doing that with Mission remote, but it won't completely disassemble, and hence is still dead. Any pointers? The cdp works ok. The remote did work for a minute just now, so is not completely dead!
    Last edited by Mikeandvan; 03-04-2019 at 12:48.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Mike.

IMG_20190403_142532242_HDR by Mike Van, on Flickr

So, update! I now managed to completely disassemble, as is often the case that was impossible without causing a bit of damage to the sides of the remote, but its not too bad. Anyway was really dusty, so gave it a little clean, put it all back together and its now fine. Anybody know what the 'M' button is for??
    Last edited by Mikeandvan; 03-04-2019 at 20:31.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm stuart.

Is it showing any life? Get a digital camera, point it at the transmitter and watch the viewer while pressing buttons on the remote, you will see the transmitter blink if it's working. It might just be some keys which aren't working, in which case look at the pad contacts (once you have it apart) or if it's all keys check you are getting good contact on the battery terminals. A little rub on them with some fine sandpaper might do the trick if it's the battery contacts that are corroded.
    Garrard 401, Jelco 750 with Shuggie, Ortofon 2M Black / ZYX Yatra 100, Project Phono RS with Sigma22 Linear PS, RPi3 + DigiOne + Linear PS, RPi3/1Tb SSD with PiCorePlayer + Linear PS, Perreaux Eloquence 250i 40th Anniversary with ES9038Pro DAC, DCG3 Pre-Amp, Neurochrome 8x2 Pre-Amp, Neurochrome 686 Power amp, Benchmark DAC2 HGC, Primare V25 CD player, Monitor Audio PL300, Sjostrom DCT03 DC Blocker.

I'm Martin.

the 'M' Button is if you want to listen to M People.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I have a vague thought its for memory but I could be wrong, that player just predates my entry to the audio trade in the late 80s.
    Regards Neil

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral Morn View Post
    I have a vague thought its for memory .
    Barbara Streisand then. My mistake.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Edward.

The M button is used to store your own track order. Find a track (using next or previous), press M, go to the next track you want and again press M. Do this for up to 20 tracks in whatever order you want. You should get an indication on the CDP display for each track you have programmed. For example track 5 in memory slot 2. Press play to play your chosen track order. To clear your memory press stop twice (once to stop playing and the second time to clear the memory). Or long press stop to stop playing and clear memory in one go.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by killie99 View Post
    Is it showing any life? Get a digital cA little rub on them with some fine sandpaper might do the trick if it's the battery contacts that are corroded.
    It was just very dusty, now working great

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    My favourite band after the Spice girls.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward View Post
    The M button is used to store your own track order. Find a track (using next or previous), press M, go to the next track you want and again press M. Do this for up to 20 tracks in whatever order you want. You should get an indication on the CDP display for each track you have programmed. For example track 5 in memory slot 2. Press play to play your chosen track order. To clear your memory press stop twice (once to stop playing and the second time to clear the memory). Or long press stop to stop playing and clear memory in one go.
    Err hang on a minute......What a pointless function!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast