+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dali Rubicon 2

I'm Shane.

Default Dali Rubicon 2

Must get round to hearing a pair sometime. Anyone heard them? If yes, be interesting to know your thoughts.

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Shane I know nothing about the Dali's

If you are after a standmount have you heard LS3/5a's ?

If I wanted another standmount I wouldn't hesitate in getting another pair of LS's..
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Shane.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    Shane I know nothing about the Dali's

If you are after a standmount have you heard LS3/5a's ?

If I wanted another standmount I wouldn't hesitate in getting another pair of LS's..

Years ago. I used to own a set of (Swisstone) 11 ohm Rogers LS3/5a speakers. They just didn't move me 'musically'. Maybe I didn't partner them right or perhaps I don't appreciate the 'LS3/5a sound'.

Did very briefly borrowed some Harbeth PSESR's last year. Much nicer speaker to listen to! Lovely smooth sound and pleasant on the ear.

Plus I also like the Dali Zensor 3.

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

Quote Originally Posted by southall-1998_mk2 View Post
    Years ago. I used to own a set of (Swisstone) 11 ohm Rogers LS3/5a speakers. They just didn't move me 'musically'. Maybe I didn't partner them right or perhaps I don't appreciate the 'LS3/5a sound'.

Did very briefly borrowed some Harbeth PSESR's last year. Much nicer speaker to listen to! Lovely smooth sound and pleasant on the ear.

Plus I also like the Dali Zensor 3.

S.
    Well you do certainly have to 'drive' LS's properly I think Shane

I've never heard the Harbeth's but when you descibe their sound as 'smooth and pleasant' that's exactly how I'd describe the LS's....

If you get a pair of LS's you also know you can sell them on no problem if you don't like them..
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Shane.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    Well you do certainly have to 'drive' LS's properly I think Shane

I've never heard the Harbeth's but when you descibe their sound as 'smooth and pleasant' that's exactly how I'd describe the LS's....

If you get a pair of LS's you also know you can sell them on no problem if you don't like them..
    LS3/5a are true monitors. If you feed them a smooth signal, they will come out smooth. Bright will come out bright etc. Sadly I can't remember what amp I was using at the time, pity. YMMV!

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I certainly think the LS's are something special Shane so if you can afford a pair I would very highly recommend them....
    Bev

+ Reply to Thread