+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Audiomods Series 6 Tonearm

I'm Chip.

Quote Originally Posted by aneumayr View Post
    So, I'm currently using an Ortofon 2M Black, and have had some tracking issues. I tried the supplied protractor, the Stevenson, then the Lofgren A/Baerwald. The Lofgren A/Baerwald was the winner, by far. The other 2 had a mistrack on Dire Straits "Walk Of Life" MFSL (There is a really deep bass drum kick in the first bridge). Tracking issues solved. What cartridge alignment protractor is everyone using with the Audiomods 6?
    Currently using Lofgren A with an AT33 PTGii as well. On a side note, I found the cause of the bright metallic sound that I was getting and it wasn't related to the cartridge plate. It's embarrassing to admit but it was a Hifi Tuning Supreme fuse in my tube phono pre. Took it out and put the stock fuse in and I'm finally hearing wonderful music, all is well in the world once again.

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by chipcalzada View Post
    Currently using Lofgren A with an AT33 PTGii as well. On a side note, I found the cause of the bright metallic sound that I was getting and it wasn't related to the cartridge plate. It's embarrassing to admit but it was a Hifi Tuning Supreme fuse in my tube phono pre. Took it out and put the stock fuse in and I'm finally hearing wonderful music, all is well in the world once again.
    Lofgren A...interesting! Glad to hear that you solved the bright metallic sound! For me, my combination is very balanced overall. Nothing is out front. Awesome tonearm!

I'm Chip.

Thank you. It was prohibiting me from enjoying music as I knew something was off and I couldn't relax until it was solved. I can now hear what the VI is fully capable of and it sounds great!

I'm Chip.

The lighter and thinner aluminum cartridge plate has been replaced with the heavier copper plate and I immediately noticed more body and more smoothness in the sound. The copper plate has better synergy with my cart as it's a low output MC. Very happy with the results!

I'm Mel.

Good to hear you have tuned it to the sound you like.

Now stop playing and spend lots of time listening to your music and enjoying your purchase.

I like the look of the new 6 arm but my 5 was upgraded from the previous model and I have now stopped all upgrading and started to enjoy the music

Mel

I'm Chip.

Quote Originally Posted by Cycleallday View Post
    Good to hear you have tuned it to the sound you like.

Now stop playing and spend lots of time listening to your music and enjoying your purchase.

I like the look of the new 6 arm but my 5 was upgraded from the previous model and I have now stopped all upgrading and started to enjoy the music

Mel
    Hi Mel, that's exactly what I plan to do. Picked up 2 new LP's yesterday and enjoyed listening to it thorougly.

I'm David.

Nice photos Chip, pleased your enjoying.

I'm Chip.

Thanks David!

I'm Mike.

So as some of you know my Audiomods Series 5 micrometer arm was a casualty of NEBO 10, basically it was damaged in transport because of my stupidity and the collar barring at the pivot was pulled out. Thankfully after speaking to Jeff it seems to be an easy fix, so these arms are incredibly sturdy and a testament to Jeffs craftsmanship. While on the phone to Jeff discussing the fix he suggested an upgrade to a series 6, i told him i preferred the look of the series 5 but if it wasn't too expensive and there was a sonic improvement i'd be interested, £175 + postage it would be rude not to wouldn't it?

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

I'm David.

Yes. Could have done you a favour, but would be interested to know should you have the upgrade done.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast