+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Audiomods Series 6 Tonearm

I'm Mel.

I use an AM V but with my preferred Cardas loom and also use AT MC's (AT33EV and OC9/II) and have no issue with missing bass.

Maybe the bass is there but the silver litz loom is emphasising the top end a bit and making you feel it is missing a little from the overall balance ?

Use of the provided head shell weights can be useful with some carts though - I also have a Dynovector Karet which is very light but I prefer to remove weight from the back rather than risk too much weight on the short Diamond cantilever this cart uses. Now this cart really does dig the bass out with the AM V and at a hell of a speed - it can be frightening when a significant drum session starts !

Mel

I'm Chip.

Hi Mel, how did you get the custom Cardas loom? Didn’t know that was an option.

I'm Mel.

Jeff will do pretty much anything, within reason, if you speak with him at the time of ordering even though options may not be shown on his website.

My system is in a garden room where 3 sides of the room are 60% glass so I don't need too much top end and hence generally avoid too much silver wire.

That said I avoid it on the basis of hearsay rather than experience so I may have no issues at all.

Mel

I'm Tony.

https://ibb.co/M6Gpn09

https://ibb.co/F8kbnNH

https://ibb.co/yVq4WKF

I'm very happy with this tonearm thus far! Still playing!

I'm Mel.

You’ll e even happier when you get it out of the box and on your turntable ;-)

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by Cycleallday View Post
    You値l e even happier when you get it out of the box and on your turntable ;-)

LMAO! She's already on my TT, now I'm just playing with the setup.

https://ibb.co/j39nfCF
    Last edited by aneumayr; 09-07-2019 at 21:24.

I'm Chip.

Would like to give an update that after tinkering with the micrometer and the VTA settings, the sound has improved quite a bit however the slight bright metallic sound still persists. I知 convinced that it has to do with the cartridge plate. I need to install the extra copper plate that came with the box however I need to send the copper plate to a machine shop to drill holes because our screws won稚 fit. Will post my impressions and pictures once this is done hopefully over the weekend.

I'm Mike.

I must admit i couldn't be happier with my series 5, it has the silver wiring but isn't bright in any way and the bass is sooooooo deeeep, it puts a huge smile on my face every time i play an LP. From reading comments above though i would say that there's nothing wrong with using silver wiring but to get the sound you want you may have to change other components, it's like throwing a stone in a pond you get the splash you want but you also get the ripples.

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

I'm Chip.

Quote Originally Posted by Jac Hawk View Post
    I must admit i couldn't be happier with my series 5, it has the silver wiring but isn't bright in any way and the bass is sooooooo deeeep, it puts a huge smile on my face every time i play an LP. From reading comments above though i would say that there's nothing wrong with using silver wiring but to get the sound you want you may have to change other components, it's like throwing a stone in a pond you get the splash you want but you also get the ripples.
    I値l be changing the cartridge plate tomorrow, hopefully with the heavier plate I値l get the sound that I知 looking for.

I'm Tony.

So, I'm currently using an Ortofon 2M Black, and have had some tracking issues. I tried the supplied protractor, the Stevenson, then the Lofgren A/Baerwald. The Lofgren A/Baerwald was the winner, by far. The other 2 had a mistrack on Dire Straits "Walk Of Life" MFSL (There is a really deep bass drum kick in the first bridge). Tracking issues solved. What cartridge alignment protractor is everyone using with the Audiomods 6?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast