+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Audiomods Series 6 Tonearm

I'm Chip.

I recently got a good deal on a Hana SL (traded in my AT33 PTGii) and off the bat, the sound has more body and it has much better synergy in my system. My phono pre (eastern electric minimax) doesn't have loading options which I think didn't suit the lower output PTG (.3mv), the Hana SL (.5mv) is singing with the series 6 now!

I'm shawn.

Happy New Year everyone! 2019 was a fun year trying out different cartridges on the Series 6 arm. Still not happy with the finger lift however that's my only complaint. Over the period of a few weeks I had a Lyra Delos, Hana ML and Dynavector DRT XV 1-s. The 1-s won out. A couple of new set-up tools (Dr Feickert protractor & AnalogMagik software) has made the job alot less stressful. In addition to the new cartridge I received a pair of B&W Nautilus 805 from the Mrs for Christmas & they're a huge SQ improvement over the Dreamcatchers I was using.

I'm Panos.

Hi, Shawn.

For a tonearm to have a Dynavector DRT XV 1-s mounted is a great challenge. It's great that the Audiomods Series 6 can manage that. Enjoy!

I am expecting to have my broken Ortofon Cadenza Black retipped with a boron cantilever and a microridge stylus (instead of the Shibata, that comes from the factory) and then I will mount it on my Series 6.
    System1: Lenco L75 with custom plinth, SLAT, sph bearing, SG4 external power supply + Alfred Bokrand AB-309 tonearm + Denon DL103R (aluminum body) + Well Tempered 12" tonearm clone + Denon DL103R (wooden body), ASR Mini Basis Exclusive HV, Marantz CD6005, LAB12 DAC1 SE+, Hattor BIG passive + active pre, Lab12 Suono power amp, Falcon LS3/5a Gold Badge, LAB12 Gordian, Belden 8428, Black Cat Red Level Triode, LAB12 Knack MkII

System 2: Roksan Xerxes original (HiFi Inspire plinth) with Maxon ReMax motor + Audiomods Series6 + Ortofon Cadenza Black microridge retipped, ASR Mini Basis Exclusive, Marantz CD6003, Croft Micro25R + Series7R monoblocks (110W/ea), Harbeth SHL5 Plus 40th Anniv.

System 3: Marantz CD6003, Croft SuperMicroII ('R' spec by Croft, Tesla E83CC in phono)+ Series7, Snell Type EII (with bypass caps, new internal wiring, WBT nextgen 0703Cu), Mark Grant HDX1, Atlas Hyper 3.0

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by shawnwes View Post
    Still not happy with the finger lift however that's my only complaint.
    Agreed, i asked Jeff if he would be willing to leave the finger lift off mine when i sent my series 5 in for a repair and upgrade, sadly he wouldn't. My thought would have been to make a finger lift that's held in place via the cartridge screw rather than the way it's done at present, something made out of a small piece of flat metal which you can choose if you use or not. Personally i rarely use the finger lift i guess it's a personal choice.

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

I'm shawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Jac Hawk View Post
    Agreed, i asked Jeff if he would be willing to leave the finger lift off mine when i sent my series 5 in for a repair and upgrade, sadly he wouldn't. My thought would have been to make a finger lift that's held in place via the cartridge screw rather than the way it's done at present, something made out of a small piece of flat metal which you can choose if you use or not. Personally i rarely use the finger lift i guess it's a personal choice.
    The main problem with it is that unless you have very slim fingers (and mine aren't overly large) you basically have to have your finger pick it up by the tip of the curved piece of wire (that is at best perhaps 1/32" in diameter) otherwise you could easily kick the arm skittering with your finger if you try to get your finger inside the curved part of the lift. I generally use the arm lift instead of the finger lift.

In short I think that needs improvement.

I'm Clive.

I have a different view. I don't have an issue with the finger lift. We're moving a mass of 1.5g to 2g. Such a delicate lift helps me to appreciate the care that is needed.
    TT 1 Trans-Fi Salvation with magnetic bearing + Trans-Fi Terminator T3Pro + London Reference
    TT 2 Garrard 301 with NWA main bearing + Audiomods Series Six 10.5" + Ortofon 2M Mono SE
    Digital Lindemann Bridge + Gustard R26 with LB external clock
    Pre and Power Amp EWA M40P + M40A
    Bass Amp & DSP Behringer iNuke NU3000DSP x 2
    Speakers 1 Bastanis Sagarmatha Duo with twin baffleless 15" bass drivers per side
    Speakers 2 MarkaudioSota Viotti Tower

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by chipcalzada View Post
    Kumusta Shawn! Plenty Pinoy's in BC, Vancouver especially. Good to know you're having positive results with the Series 6. I only have my previous Rega 251 arm to compare it with so I can't elaborate as much.

Jamie, Boracay is a magical place. First went there when I was 13 years old, I still never get tired of it. I try to go whenever I can especially during off peak season as there's so much people going there these days.
    Wow - small world! Here am I looking at a thread about Audiomods arms as I just ordered a Classic 3 - and I stumble into a convo with kabayan!
    We spend 3 months or so there in metro Manila area - my wife is from Valenzuela and we have family/property there.

Salamat po - salamat kuya Chip for your input.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011