+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Audiomods Series 6 Tonearm

I'm shawn.

Quote Originally Posted by chipcalzada View Post
    Hi Shawn,

Looking forward to your impressions once its been dialed in.
    Kumusta Chip!? Ang aking asawa ay filipina. I've been there 5 times. Enjoy it a lot.

I can say that even though the arm isn't optimized yet that it's detail retrieval is the best I've ever experienced. Other arms previously owned are Linn LVX, Linn Akito, Linn Ittok, Rega RB250 w/mods & RB300.

More later.

Cheers,

Shawn

I'm jamie.

borocay island for me,ive been twice,lovely place
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by shawnwes View Post
    I picked the arm up from the post office on the way home last night. It was a pretty easy install with little that could go wrong.

It's an upgrade cliche' I know but I'm hearing alot more clean unmasked subtle detail than I was previously and I still haven't begun to dial it in yet.
    I presume that this is the 9 inch version??
    Lumley Heliosphere Audiomods 5
    Voyd Valdi AN Arm 1 V2 and Denon MC
    Audiomeca Talisman Highly Modded
    Audiomeca Kreatura &,SW1X DAC1
    Hovland HP200 MC
    Hovland Radia
    Ming Da 805 monos
    Magnum Dynalab Etude, RWA Cassabria + LCD 3
    Wilson Benesch Actors
    Cables by Cardas, Hovland G3 and Yter

I'm Chip.

Quote Originally Posted by shawnwes View Post
    Kumusta Chip!? Ang aking asawa ay filipina. I've been there 5 times. Enjoy it a lot.

I can say that even though the arm isn't optimized yet that it's detail retrieval is the best I've ever experienced. Other arms previously owned are Linn LVX, Linn Akito, Linn Ittok, Rega RB250 w/mods & RB300.

More later.

Cheers,

Shawn
    Kumusta Shawn! Plenty Pinoy's in BC, Vancouver especially. Good to know you're having positive results with the Series 6. I only have my previous Rega 251 arm to compare it with so I can't elaborate as much.

Jamie, Boracay is a magical place. First went there when I was 13 years old, I still never get tired of it. I try to go whenever I can especially during off peak season as there's so much people going there these days.

I'm jamie.

nice,my friend has a home there and family,the last time i went it was getting very busy with tourists and is slightly losing its charm because of its popularity.
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Karl.

Hi guys,

does anybody know if there is any more detailed info/pics available online about the series 6 arms yet? Can only find series 5 on the audiomods website. Not sure if its been updated yet??

Cheers

Karl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    CTC Classic 301 , SPH bearing and Hanze Hifi HAT CPS-2 all analogue power supply / Tenuto Mk2 mat / custom Panzerholz and Kewasinga articulating plinth / Track audio isolation feet / Reed tonearm / Audio Technica ART 9 / 2 box BigBottle mk3 phonostage with Clarity cap CMR and NOS Telefunkens valves / Croft 25R preamp with upgraded 12BH7A line stage and NOS 1956 RCA valves / Croft 7R monoblocks with NOS 56 RCA valves/ Dynaudio Contour 30i speakers / Spotfire interconnects and speaker cables / Merlin Scorpion mains block / Rhodium mains cables / Marantz CD DAC /

I'm Clive.

I expect Jeff is busy making arms. My 10.5" arrived a few days ago. I'm still to mount it on my 2nd TT with a few more cartridges...but on my 301 with a mono MM and then a stereo MC it's performing wonderfully.
    TT 1 Trans-Fi Salvation with magnetic bearing + Trans-Fi Terminator T3Pro + London Reference
    TT 2 Garrard 301 with NWA main bearing + Audiomods Series Six 10.5" + Ortofon 2M Mono SE
    Digital Lindemann Bridge + Gustard R26 with LB external clock
    Pre and Power Amp EWA M40P + M40A
    Bass Amp & DSP Behringer iNuke NU3000DSP x 2
    Speakers 1 Bastanis Sagarmatha Duo with twin baffleless 15" bass drivers per side
    Speakers 2 MarkaudioSota Viotti Tower

I'm Karl.

Default Audiomods Series 6 Tonearm

Thanks Clive, glad your enjoying it, I expect hes a very busy man at the moment with all the praise the new arm is receiving.

Im going to be in the market for a new/used arm myself soon so just weighing up all my options. It’s surprising Jeff hasn’t updated the site yet.

Would love to know how this squares up to the Origin live and audio origami arms ive been looking at in the 1500-2k region and if they are a similar spec with regards to build quality/materials etc ? Was hoping to be able to find a bit more info.

CTC Classic 301 , SPH bearing and Hanze Hifi HAT CPS-2 all analogue power supply / Tenuto Mk2 mat / custom Panzerholz and Kewasinga articulating plinth / Track audio isolation feet / Reed tonearm / Audio Technica ART 9 / 2 box BigBottle mk3 phonostage with Clarity cap CMR and NOS Telefunkens valves / Croft 25R preamp with upgraded 12BH7A line stage and NOS 1956 RCA valves / Croft 7R monoblocks with NOS 56 RCA valves/ Dynaudio Contour 30i speakers / Spotfire interconnects and speaker cables / Merlin Scorpion mains block / Rhodium mains cables / Marantz CD DAC /

I'm mark.

We need pictures

I'm Karl.

Quote Originally Posted by DiveDeepDog View Post
    We need pictures
    Sure do, and more technical info too

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast