+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Audiomods Series 6 Tonearm

I'm Chip.

Thanks for all the kind comments!

Hi Brad, I think the polished finish looks great. Is the arm lifter on your series 6 a thick hard piece of silver wire as well? Yours looks a bit thicker than mine, although I can't really tell from the photos. A friend who installed my tonearm told me to sand down the sharp tip with sandpaper, I'm worried I might damage it though. Will enjoy listening to records first before I start obsessing about it. Other than that tiny issue, it sounds really awesome.
    Last edited by chipcalzada; 06-05-2019 at 03:30.

I'm Brad.

Hi Chip, yes it is. I think mine is the same as yours, it's just the angle of the photos and glare that make it appear thicker.

I'm Chip.

Hi Brad,

Thought mine was a dud, thanks for the clearing that up.

I'm steve.

I’ve been hoping to buy the audiomods classic for a while now and am somewhat disappointed with the price rise. I’m perfectly willing to accept that sound wise it’s an upgrade but I have to say that headshell really lets the look of the rest of the arm down. A real dealbreaker for me.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer69 View Post
    I’ve been hoping to buy the audiomods classic for a while now and am somewhat disappointed with the price rise. I’m perfectly willing to accept that sound wise it’s an upgrade but I have to say that headshell really lets the look of the rest of the arm down. A real dealbreaker for me.
    I think if this is the only model Jeff is offering, it's safe to say that his supply of Rega arm tubes has dried up and explains the shift to the new model.

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

I'm paul.

That arm lift looks naff, not what I would expect from Jeff. Maybe an email to him to say you are not happy with the quality of the lift might help him with future arms
    Bakoon 13r Denon DP80 Stax UA-70 Shure Ultra 500 in a Martin Bastin body with jico stylus, project ds2 digital Rullit aero 8 field coils in tqwt speakers

Office system, DIY CSS fullrange speakers with aurum cantus G2 ribbons yulong dac Sony STR6055 receiver Jvc QL-A51 direct drive turntable, Leema sub. JVC Z4S cart is in the house

Garage system another Sony receiver, cassette deck

System components are subject to change without warning and at the discretion of the owner.

I'm Chip.

I sent Jeff an email and asked him about it. He said its made of aluminum and that its the only part that he doesn't make, still don't understand why he used it and not something with more heft which will also make it look better. Other than that it sounds great, don't want to wax lyrical but the best way I could describe is that it has loads of PRAT, it makes my previous modded Rega 251 sound anemic in comparison. Not to bash Rega, they make good arms, had mine for 6-7 years and liked the sound which is why I gravitated towards the Audiomods because it was Rega based.

I'm Tony.

I'm very excited to have my order in for this tonearm. I'm also very grateful for the detailed information that everyone has supplied at TAOS! Any other reviews/info? Has anyone else received their Audiomods 6?

I'm shawn.

Default Pics of installed arm

I picked the arm up from the post office on the way home last night. It was a pretty easy install with little that could go wrong.

It's an upgrade cliche' I know but I'm hearing alot more clean unmasked subtle detail than I was previously and I still haven't begun to dial it in yet.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm Chip.

Hi Shawn,

Looking forward to your impressions once its been dialed in.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast