+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Audiomods Series 6 Tonearm

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by DiveDeepDog View Post
    It'll be interesting if the 'tone' is retained. The Rega arm tube is pretty special being cast in one piece (similar to SME?) and Jeff addresses issues with the holes and strengthening.

Hope its development for improvement rather than supply issues. Must be a thorn to hear the best Rega based arm isn't a Rega
    I was thinking the same Mark, i guess Rega have tried to dissuade companies like Audiomods in the past when they went to the 3 point anchoring

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

I'm Chip.

Here are the technical details:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kEn...ew?usp=sharing

Based on the specs, the carbon fiber arm tube along with the built in azimuth adjustment should be an improvement.

I'm Bikram.

Details are looking good....

I'm Alan.

The new arm looks excellent and I hope it is a success for Jeff
    I have the Audiomods 1V and it is a n excellent arm

Alan
    Turntable - Garrard 401/Jelco 750L/Ortofon Kontrapunkt B, Pioneer PLC 590, Micro Sieki MA505 , Denon DL103R - DIY Paradise Phono stage - Reel 2 Reel Studer A810, Otari MX55,Tascam BR20, Revox A77, B77, PR99, TEAC X1000 & 3440, Digital HTPC / Young Dac - Preamp - DIY B4, 821, Power Amp's DIY Avondale NCC300 Mono Block, Speakers Wilmslow Kit Volt BM220.8 / Scanspeak D2905/9500

I'm Brad.

Default Some pics of the Series 6

Thought people would be interested in seeing some pics of the Series 6 in a polished finish.
    I'd been in touch with Jeff of Audiomods with a view to ordering a Seies 5, this resulted in a similar conversation that others have reported.
    I'd really enjoyed my Audiomods Classic - the 6 is a definite improvement as far as I'm concerned, more detail, tighter and more cohesive. Lots of toe tapping going on here.
    Currently listening to some Ian Hunter and Mick Ronson albums - I know, I'm having a '70s nostalgia moment.Series 6 pic 1.jpgSeries 6 pic 2.jpgSeries 6 pic 3.jpgSeries 6 pic 4.jpgSeries 6 pic 5.jpgSeries 6 pic 1.jpgSeries 6 pic 2.jpgSeries 6 pic 3.jpgSeries 6 pic 4.jpgSeries 6 pic 5.jpg

I'm Brad.

Sorry about the pics - I'm no expert with this online stuff. Somehow managed to upload duplicates. Plus no idea why they have displayed so weirdly in the post.

I'm Chip.

Thanks for all the kind comments!

Hi Brad, I think the polished finish looks great. Is the arm lifter on your series 6 a thick hard piece of silver wire as well? Yours looks a bit thicker than mine, although I can't really tell from the photos. A friend who installed my tonearm told me to sand down the sharp tip with sandpaper, I'm worried I might damage it though. Will enjoy listening to records first before I start obsessing about it. Other than that tiny issue, it sounds really awesome.
    Last edited by chipcalzada; 06-05-2019 at 03:30.

I'm Brad.

Hi Chip, yes it is. I think mine is the same as yours, it's just the angle of the photos and glare that make it appear thicker.

I'm Chip.

Hi Brad,

Thought mine was a dud, thanks for the clearing that up.

I'm steve.

I’ve been hoping to buy the audiomods classic for a while now and am somewhat disappointed with the price rise. I’m perfectly willing to accept that sound wise it’s an upgrade but I have to say that headshell really lets the look of the rest of the arm down. A real dealbreaker for me.

+ Reply to Thread