+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

Thread: Crap Weather For April

I'm Paul.

Well, it’s not cold here at least and looks like it might not rain.
    ~Paul~

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Sun's splitting the skies here, Paul!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

20°C here now... Just typing this outside in the beautiful sunshine, whilst sipping an ice-cold Margarita, prior to this evening's repast!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    What???

Listen Without Prejudice is a masterpiece, even for non-George Michael fans!! Have you actually heard it, Barry? If not, I suggest you do... Listen to the lyrics in all the songs, and the story they tell. Genius.

Marco.
    I haven't yet played the George Michael one, but if it's half as good as "Older" (which I play quite a lot), it'll do for me
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

It's a great album, Steve. You'll love it. Check out 'Cowboys and Angels', which is my fav track:

Spine tingling... Anyone who doesn't like that, simply has no romance or soul! GM was a major talent, with one of the best pop singing voices ever known.

Actually, and I'm not being funny, I've got a half-decent voice myself, and often sing some of his stuff.

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    It's a great album, Steve. You'll love it. Check out 'Cowboys and Angels', which is my fav track:

Spine tingling... Anyone who doesn't like that, simply has no romance or soul! GM was a major talent, with one of the best pop singing voices ever known.

Actually, and I'm not being funny, I've got a half-decent voice myself, and often sing some of his stuff.

Marco.
    Perhaps you should persuade Macca to ditch his trackies for some snug fitting tennis shorts to match yours, and start a tribute act. Then you could do a turn at Cranage, provided you bad boys can stick together that long

By the way, have you still got that heart I gave you last Christmas?

Not cool I suppose, but I do have a soft spot for George. I thought he was immensely talented, but with a readiness to send himself up. And it was only after his death that all his selfless deeds became known. Top guy, but a bit troubled.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Perhaps you should persuade Macca to ditch his trackies for some snug fitting tennis shorts to match yours, and start a tribute act. Then you could do a turn at Cranage, provided you bad boys can stick together that long

By the way, have you still got that heart I gave you last Christmas?

The thought of Macca in some snug-fitting tennis shorts is just too much! However, you're being overly influenced by Wham. GM's solo albums, particularly his later stuff, as you well know, had rather more substance.

Not cool I suppose, but I do have a soft spot for George. I thought he was immensely talented, but with a readiness to send himself up. And it was only after his death that all his selfless deeds became known. Top guy, but a bit troubled.
    I don't give a toss about cool. I like what I like. "Cool" is making your own 'cool', and having the gumption to do your own thing, and not give a fuck what anyone else thinks

Totally agree with your comments about George. Apparently he often gave huge sums of cash to anyone he met who was needy.

Marco.
    Main System

+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526