Hi Nick,

Quote Originally Posted by nickbaba View Post
Oops let me settle some of these assumptions... I was enjoying the sunday sunshine until now!

Yes I meant to say the cleaner was specifically told on more than one occasion not to mess with the hifi gear. the family already know this!

Unfortunately while well-intentioned and a nice person she's not the sharpest tool in the box, and often needs to be told something more than once before it sinks in - there's also a language barrier as she is not British. she has neither agency backing nor insurance nor wage earning husband. Although I do have house insurance which might cover some of the damage.
From what I can tell she sends most of her wages home to her family in her home country, so docking her wages takes money out of their pockets, and tbh given their circumstances they need it more than I do.

I suppose the cantilever could be saved or bent back but as its fragile aluminium its possible that the structural integrity has been compromised. I wouldn't try it myself. I'll send it off to an expert and see what the report is. Happily its not my only cart, I'm sure it can be restored/upgraded, and also happily it wasn't the DL-S1 that got knackered.
Thanks for the clarification, and sorry for spoiling your Sunday!

Whilst the fact that she's been told on more than one occasion not to go near your hi-fi gear proves she was careless and negligent, the bit in bold puts the matter into a different perspective, and in those circumstances I'd be prepared to offer her a warning, outlining in no uncertain terms that if she does that again, she's gone. She needs to made fully aware that your hi-fi system is strictly off limits.

Anyway, I hope that you can get your cartridge fixed. Like Barry says, NWA is your best bet, as Dom's an expert on anything to do with cartridges. Good luck with it, mate - and like you say at least it wasn't the DL-S1!

Marco.