+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Can someone tell me what I'm looking at?

I'm Dennis.

Parts Express does sell internationally, at least to me in the UK, I bought some rubber refurbisher from them.

I'm Edward.

As I'm near Cricklewood Electronics I typically get caps from them. I just take the crossovers to them and they match things up. Couple of times they did not have the correct values so I got them from Wilmslow Audio who also do a range of good speaker components (e.g. grill cloth). If your speakers are not extremely high end I'd suggest cheaper/standard caps (e.g Cricklewood do Alcaps) but if your speakers are high end then consider caps such as Claritycap or Mundorf. Things can get quite expensive (have a look at HiFi collective for examples).
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm matt.

I buy stuff from partsexpress when I can't get it over here. Brilliant company imo.

I'm matt.

I like Ansar polypropylene caps (Wilmslow audio sell a rebadged version). I actually prefer them to the much more expensive Jantzen z superior.

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    You might want to check out what Cricklewood Electronics have to offer on ebay. They tend to be cheaper than Falcon.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bipolar-C...BbyjrfSbH0-1Tg
    Before they were Cricklewood (decades ago) they were called Marshalls. I think I still have a catalogue.
    Spendorman

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by spendorman View Post
    Before they were Cricklewood (decades ago) they were called Marshalls. I think I still have a catalogue.
    Anything do do with the Marshall PA company?
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Anything do do with the Marshall PA company?
    I don't thinks so, but could be wrong. I had a look for the old catalogue, but couldn't find it. Might be a scan of the cover on my PC, will do a search.

Marshalls did stock a good range of valves back then.
    Spendorman

I'm Alex.

I remember now, scanned the front cover and threw the catalogue

Marshalls by A60man, on Flickr

Marshalls 0001 by A60man, on Flickr
    Spendorman

I'm Russell.

Parts Express has loads of Capacitors and Inductors and Resisters, variable resisters to make adjustable crossovers, they even sell complete crossovers!

But their house brand is Dayton. And they’ve got 1% film caps from Dayton for very reasonable prices, that’s what I’m planning to use in my upcoming speaker project.

They also sell some basic equipment and software for designing and measuring loudspeakers.

Russell

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123