+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Can someone tell me what I'm looking at?

I'm Martin.

Is that why my pictures always come out massive?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm matt.

I usually resize (Quick resize/resample) my pics in Faststone image viewer to 800x600.

I'm Edward.

I'm so old school, for a quick and clean job I use Microsoft Paint for resizing.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepperamip View Post
    Mainly capacitors, if theres a disc shaped one that'll be a polyswitch.

You should see if theres capacitor upgrade kit available for your exact model and then just switch out the same value caps one at a time. I did this with my klipsch speakers and the improvement took me by surprise.

You could also solder in some better quality internal wires too if you get brave

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    I’ll second that on the wires. If you go in to replace the capacitors you may as well replace the internal wires while you’re at it. Some nice oxygen free copper wire made for running inside the walls, 12g or 14g, depending on the size and rating, will make a real difference. I’ve restored a few pairs of old speakers and the wire in them was substandard. Stick it to the side with a hot glue gun, so it doesn’t rattle, with enough slack to remove the speakers.

Russell

I'm Steve.

Thanks everyone, this is all very helpful. Now can anyone recommend a good place to buy these bits?
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Deleted.

Falcon Acoustics do a few good choices at good prices and it’s Hi-Fi Collective for a broader and more exotic range.
    Account Deleted

I'm Alan.

+1 Falcon Acoustics

I'm Steve.

Smashing, tomorrow I'll have a look at the numbers printed on those capacitors, then have a poke around Falcon's website.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Geoff.

You might want to check out what Cricklewood Electronics have to offer on ebay. They tend to be cheaper than Falcon.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bipolar-C...BbyjrfSbH0-1Tg
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Russell.

I shop at “www. Partsexpress.com”, I’m not sure if they sell internationally? But I think they do. They’ve got everything you need to build speakers from scratch, or restore one in most any condition. All manner of Capacitors, at different price levels. And good wire too. I can spend all kinds of time just looking at all the speakers they sell, for DIY projects.

Russell

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast