+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How patient should I be?

I'm Gary.

I paid him 25% upfront so he isn't getting another penny until its completed.

They annoying part is that I could have done the whole job myself EXCEPT the underfloor heating which requires an part p electrician as there's currently no spur to connect it to.

Annoying.

He's contacted me now to say he'll be here tomorrow and promises it will be finished Thursday at the latest
    Marantz CD63 KI Signature
    Project Debut II
    Pioneer A656 Reference
    Epos M5s
    Atacama Stands
    Maplin speaker cable cos I can't hear a difference
    Various interconnects as above

I'm Grant.

hope so
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Mike.

I think its bang out of order and there should be law against it. You need your bathroom back!! Remember you can leave him a bad review somewhere on the internet, that really affects small businesses. He's obviously juggling jobs, pressure him, as I'm sure his other customers are doing.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Phil.

yes and if there are any snags to fix , he will not come back to fix them !!
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Dave.

Any update on this Gary? I hope now completed, and to your satisfaction...
    More details on the UFH, and all prep work. Most tile jobs fail due to bad prep. Most builders dont know how to prep correctly. The amount of time i have seen wrong size tiles used, wrong adhesive for tile size, poor floor prep for tiling let alone UFH. Even builders laying quartz tiles on UFH etc.
    Kraken, Saturn, Emotion, Flying V Rocket, Planets.

I'm Martin.

Nah my gut feeling is that he is a proper chancer with all the excuses under the sun. Hes juggling jobs IMO and doesnt seem to have the pro work ethic...to many tradesmen like that so where are all the good ones

You have to weigh up whether anything is being done right and if its a case of started so will probably have to finish. You will need some leeway but it sounds as though he is well past that using all the excuses that you dare not question.

The transalation is that he is probably having a ciggy down the bookies for the afternoon or on another priority job

Dont be scared though...you may have to bring someone else in for the work and get a report on what has been done. Im too soft but my dad will threaten legal action if he sees shoddy work like a kinked pipe

I'm Russell.

Whether or not his son is missing isn’t the point. If it hadn’t been for all his other absences, it wouldn’t even be a big deal. I don’t think putting your foot down is wrong either, he’s way over his estimates, being a few percent off is one thing, but 300% is a bit much. At least you aren’t into him for any money, surely you’ve gotten your 25% worth by now?

But it’s worth waiting it out. Even if you have to ride him like a rented mule, changing contractors at this time would be a big hassle. On big jobs, when they go over the deadline they begin liquidated damages, and the contractor is fined a certain amount each day until the job is finished. It definitely motivates contractors to finish on time! So, perhaps you’ve got to wait another week, once it’s over you’ll be that much wiser for it. And know better than to hire that guy again!

Russell

I'm Gary.

He finally finished at the end of the 5th week and to be fair did a good job.
    It was finished on the Friday afternoon, that evening I got a text asking for the payment, which I ignored, got another Saturday afternoon to which I replied telling him I had to go to a branch to transfer the funds, Monday evening another text, at this point I lost my shit and told him we'd been patiently listening to his excuses for 5 weeks so one working day isn't unreasonable for him to wait for his money. I paid him on the Thursday lol
    Marantz CD63 KI Signature
    Project Debut II
    Pioneer A656 Reference
    Epos M5s
    Atacama Stands
    Maplin speaker cable cos I can't hear a difference
    Various interconnects as above

I'm Phil.

glad it got sorted , i guess you wont be using him again though !!!!
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Steve.

Glad you finally got it sorted. Not being funny, but you were getting a bit smelly
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12