+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Your Dac?

I'm Neil.

Esoteric P5, Veracity Mystra, AMR DP777, Luxman DA100.
    Regards Neil

I'm Matt.

Another Jolida mkiii DAC, with the modwright upgrades.
    Works for me.
    Previously had a Young DAC with the Avondale ps.
    Unless I was in a position to spend way north of a grand on a replacement, it’s very likely I’ll stick with the Jolida.

I'm Phil.

wow thats great , the jolida are pretty rare in modwright form . i had the normal version off a friend and then recently bought the modwright one .
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Richie.

Halide HD for me.

I'm Paul.

I’ve ended up using my Rega DAC again and not sure why I was going to sell it.
    ~Paul~

I'm Dave.

Stan Beresfords latest Caimen SEG with the Dorado PSU and fed with a Linear 15v PSU. Good sound stage and separation of instruments, replaced a MF VDac and a big improvement. Well pleased with mine.
    Amp Rega Elex-R
    CDP Denon DCD 520
    Tuner Teac T-R650 Dab/FM
    Music Player Pioneer N30 Network Player
    DAC Rega Dac-R
    Speakers Q Acoustic Concept 40s
    Speaker Cable Current is Rega FSC Quattro , Fisual S-Flex Studio 2.5mm / Ortofon SPK 100
    Interconnects Van Damme Silver Plated OFC Pro Classic XKE CDP/Tuner & Solid Silver Cyro 99.99% Pure, Dac To Amp
    Headphones AKG K550 mk3
    SUB BK XLS 200

I'm Rob.

My main DAC is a Bryston BDA-1. It replaced a M2Tech Young. Not a huge difference between the two soundwise. The Bryston isn't as up front as the M2Tech, but that's not a bad thing. What I really like about the Bryston is that it a good quality DAC with lots of input choices. I've got all my digital equipment connected to it and still have inputs to spare. The Bryston is the best sounding DAC I've owned, but I'd happily live with the M2Tech.

My office system has a Peachtree DAC-IT. I've only recently put it into that system. I'd forgotten just what a lovely DAC it is (I'm rather glad it didn't sell when I advetised it recently). The Peachtree was my main DAC before the M2Tech.

The Peachtree surplanted a Musical Fidelity V-DAC (which it also did in my main system). The V-DAC is fine but has no where near as much insight and musicality as the Peachtree.

Before the V-DAC I had a Mission DAC5 - which is now in my father's system. That was a step up from using a CD in standalone mode, but the V-DAC was better.

My first DAC, which I still have, was a QED Digit.

I really ought to get round to selling the V-DAC and QED as both are surplus.

Oh. And I also have a Chord Mojo, which is very nice. Probably near the Bryston and M2Tech level - though difficult to compare as I've only ever used it with headphones. I've tried a few headphone DAC and the Mojo's on a whole different level.
    Rob.