+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Your Dac?

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueflash View Post
    I have had Wadia 16, Meridian 508 24, Audionote 2.1 Signature kit, Naim CD5i.

I now have a DDDAC heavily modified with my own power supply and self made PCB because I wanted to run 16 Dac boards.

I started off with 4 Dac boards, then tried 8 which was a good upgrade, so I thought what the heck, lets see if I can get 16 of them to work.
    After some to an fro emails withe Doede the designer, the 16 Dac boards are working superbly.

Big wide soundstage, excellent separation and sounding like a good analogue master tape source.

A lot of work but well worth the effort.
    A mere 16? Shocking how dare you compromise so LOL!

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    A mere 16? Shocking how dare you compromise so LOL!
    I quite agree with you, so I am in the slow process of building a dual 16 DDDAC

I have built the power supply that will supply enough current for each stack and supply the Wave IO board

I had to make my own PCB`s to take the TIP142 transistors and the DSA70C200HB rectifier as I wanted to supply 12v at 5amps continually
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm Grant.

looks quality work so far.. look forward to seeing it finished.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Eamonn.

Expect some of you have seen that I recently bought the Luxman DA 06 DSD DAC... the last one I buy!
    Mac
    Accuphase C2420 pre P4200 poweramp, Electrocompaniet EMC1UP, Sonos Connect, Innuous ZENith MKIII, RME ADI2, Harbeth 40th anniversary SHL5 Plus

I'm Marc.

Quote Originally Posted by macspur View Post
    Expect some of you have seen that I recently bought the Luxman DA 06 DSD DAC... the last one I buy!
    Mac
    Congratulations, it's a very good DAC.

I'm Martin.

Just hooked up a Gustard X26 - it is very impressive for the money - current source is Tidal MQA via a Node 2i (DAC bypassed)

I'm Martin.

Just added a Heed Obelisk DA DAC to my collection. Still evaluating but initial thoughts are very good. Engaging. It is certainly diffirent to other DACs I own. Further posts to follow on this one. PS I think it has a 2.1 DAC card in it.

I'm Robert.

Just bought the RME ADI-2 DAC. May sound odd but I honestly didn’t have any great expectations for it and thought I would be sending it back fairly sharpish. It has, though, been something of a revelation. Better on almost every level than the Schiit Bifrost 2 I had previously.

I'm Mandeep.

I’ve moved on to a Denafrips Pontus.

Just swapped out my Dragonfly for a Beresford Seg / Dorado from the classifieds. Very happy with it. No more box swapping until it dies or I move again

+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast