+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Your Dac?

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by sailor View Post
    I have 2 very good DACs, a Bryston BDA-1 which has rave reviews and is indeed a good DAC but I find most of my listening is via my Wadia 15 although it is redbook only. This Wadia uses 4X PCM63 chips which is the older R2R topology and to my ears, in my system, makes music like no other.

Mr. C in post 4 of this long thread who owns the same DAC seems to have a similar regard for it. I am selling both these DACs so if anybody is interested in one or the other, or both send me a PM. I am not sure if this is the correct place to mention the price other then to say the Wadia is a bargain.
    what are u replacing them with charles
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm charles.

Hi Grant,

I intend to downsize and am looking for a Moon or perhaps another Wadia pre, dac, amp and streamer all in one but have to put that on hold for awhile. I need to send some money back to South Africa.

Will make do with my reasonably competent Oppo 103

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by sailor View Post
    Hi Grant,

I intend to downsize and am looking for a Moon or perhaps another Wadia pre, dac, amp and streamer all in one but have to put that on hold for awhile. I need to send some money back to South Africa.

Will make do with my reasonably competent Oppo 103
    Got an oppo 103 myself. Those are nice dacs and if priced right will sell quite quickly I think.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Jo.

Default >>>

Quote Originally Posted by Light Capture View Post
    Joanna, the Schiit Modi3 is a noticeable step up from the FiiO D3. It has higher resolution with more detail, tighter bass, and clearer highs. The D3 has a smooth and pleasing sound that is easy to listen to. If you want to hear more from your program material the Modi 3 is the clear winner in my experience.
    Result, then....;D

I'm Robin.

Had a Metrum on my shortlist for a new dac but as they’ve just gone bust I’ll give them a miss.
    Robin. mit ARC CD9, ARC ref 5 / darTZeel power + magico v2. Clearaudio Innovation wood / Phantom ll / Lyra Atlas / Aurorasound Vida,
    Stax 009S cans.KGGG headamp. all connected with wires. Auralic Aries - Aqua La Scala. Manley Absolute. Focal Stellias. HD800S Hyland headphones - Venus

I'm kev.

Quote Originally Posted by doodoos View Post
    Have one of these on order now. Not at all too shabby. https://www.aquahifi.com/la_scala.html
    I’d be really interested in your though on this dac in due course
    <a href=http://s36.photobucket.com/user/lauren1809/media/33A4D3D2-B423-47CD-BC7D-AC331E29C355_zpsj2tyfozt.jpg.html target=_blank><a href=http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e12/lauren1809/33A4D3D2-B423-47CD-BC7D-AC331E29C355_zpsj2tyfozt.jpg target=_blank>http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e1...psj2tyfozt.jpg</a></a>

I'm Ian.

I've had my DiDiT DAC212SE since October 2016. It was expensive but it sounds nice and musical and has a lot of inputs including HDMI I2S which my Jay's Audio CDT-2 MKII transport outputs. I have tried other DACs but I keep coming back to it.

I'm Alex.

I have had Wadia 16, Meridian 508 24, Audionote 2.1 Signature kit, Naim CD5i.

I now have a DDDAC heavily modified with my own power supply and self made PCB because I wanted to run 16 Dac boards.

I started off with 4 Dac boards, then tried 8 which was a good upgrade, so I thought what the heck, lets see if I can get 16 of them to work.
    After some to an fro emails withe Doede the designer, the 16 Dac boards are working superbly.

Big wide soundstage, excellent separation and sounding like a good analogue master tape source.

A lot of work but well worth the effort.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm Grant.

Nice work.... Lots of spare dacs left tho
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Alex.

Ha ! I sold them on to finance the project

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast