+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Your Dac?

I'm Gordon.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazjam View Post

You were that “Neil Young looking guy” who knew his Hifi...

We spoke previously at Bristol in the bar about Steve Bell cartoons in the Guardian over a beer...good times.
    Heh, heh, not so sure about "Neil Young looking"...... or knowing my hifi.......I simply followed Siegfried Linkwitz's instructions...

I just showed my son your avatar - he just loved it! - as you can imagine we're big Donald fans here, too!

I'm James.

Just thought I’d chip in that mine’s an RME ADI-2 Pro FS. It’s the 7th DAC I’ve owned in the last 4 years and it is by far the best sonically and functionally. Previous were Arcam x2, Cyrus, Linn, DSPeaker and Chord. For the first time in ages I have no plans to change.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Jas0_0 View Post
    Just thought I’d chip in that mine’s an RME ADI-2 Pro FS. It’s the 7th DAC I’ve owned in the last 4 years and it is by far the best sonically and functionally. Previous were Arcam x2, Cyrus, Linn, DSPeaker and Chord. For the first time in ages I have no plans to change.
    heard good things about it..
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Josie.

I'd like to give the d30 a go.

Sounds like a nice little DAC. Not bothered about the extra features of the d50 and it performance seems to be just as good.

What I'd really like though is a well sorted Tda1541a dac. Had one once and stupidly sold it.

Sent from my 9001X using Tapatalk
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Jas0_0 View Post
    George on The WigWam has just reviewed this, he thought it was very good, it even threatened his Audionote 2.1. He has an interview with the chap who produces it which is interesting. He thinks it works VERY well with the Nord NC500s giving the centre of an excellent VFM system.

I'm Martin.

The DACs I own are:
    Audionote 2.1 as breathed upon by Deco audio, Blackgates everywhere, AD1865;
    Linn Klimax DS/1 Renew, with AKM; and
    Oppo 105D, with ESS Sabre.

I enjoy all three, subtle flavours. The effect of these flavours depends very much on what the rest of the system is.

I'm Jayson.

Chord Qutest. Very simple to use and sounds great with Auralic mini.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Musical Fidelity AMS 35i / Electrocompaniet EMC 1UP / Transrotor ZET 3 + Konstant M1 Ref. psu / Jelco TK-850S / Hana ML / Bigbottle mk3 phono stage / KEF Reference 3 / Auralic Mini / Chord Qutest / Isotek Aquarius / Sbooster mkII psu

Mains cables: Viablue X40 mains cable + Furutech NCF plugs + SR Orange fuses
    Speaker cables: MIT AVt MA
    Interconnects: MIT AVt MA / MIT Matrix 12 / Zavfino Majestic tonearm cable
    USB:Curious
    Rack: Solid Tech Hybrid
    Accessories: IsoAcoustics Orea Indigo + Bronze / Gaia II / SDS soundeck

I'm Tony.

I've been using a Xiang Sheng DAC-01 for a few years now and it has responded really well to transport upgrades stepping up in SQ each time.

Not sure if my having replaced the majority of the dodgy no name Chinese caps has helped it along but currently being fed by a Digione Signature fed by a LDA LPSU and an ifi power supply for the rpi and it sound lovely for not much money

I keep wondering if upgrading the digital cable (Cambridge Audio cheapy) will improve things further?
    VPI Scout 1.1, Hana ML, Vanderveen MC10 SUT, WAD Phono3, Rpi3B+/Digione Signature, Xiang Sheng DAC-01, WAD KiT6550 and Reiver Edingdale SR

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Intenso View Post
    I've been using a Xiang Sheng DAC-01 for a few years now and it has responded really well to transport upgrades stepping up in SQ each time.

Not sure if my having replaced the majority of the dodgy no name Chinese caps has helped it along but currently being fed by a Digione Signature fed by a LDA LPSU and an ifi power supply for the rpi and it sound lovely for not much money

I keep wondering if upgrading the digital cable (Cambridge Audio cheapy) will improve things further?
    I can strongly recommend this cable https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have a 25cm length which is perfect for how I have my Digione set up (i.e. above the DAC)

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    I can strongly recommend this cable https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have a 25cm length which is perfect for how I have my Digione set up (i.e. above the DAC)
    Thanks I've ordered one...
    VPI Scout 1.1, Hana ML, Vanderveen MC10 SUT, WAD Phono3, Rpi3B+/Digione Signature, Xiang Sheng DAC-01, WAD KiT6550 and Reiver Edingdale SR

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast