+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Your Dac?

I'm Pete.

got to love the 2nd hand market for hifi as previously stated most items are extremely well looked after although u get an odd horror. Another good thing is 2nd hand stuff rarely looses value if you decide to sell on again. Sometimes even making money on your previous purchases.
    My first dac was beresford caimen with offboard power supply not sure on make. When looking for an upgrade i went to fanthorpes to listen to a m-dac+ and a hugo2. while there they also let me listen to a trade in hugo tt and a dave for comparison. TT was priced less than the hugo2 but preferred the new chip in the hugo 2 and couldnt realistically afford the dave, so bought the hugo 2. The TT certainly had a bigger soundstage and overall a better grip of the music but the hugo 2 just sounded so much clearer.
    Now hopefully i will be taking possession of a hugoTT2 in the near future off John will i'll let u know the difference when it lands. Next step on the journey is to find a roon ready streamer which i might start a different thread about once i finished reading numerous reviews on too many bits of kit lol.

I'm Keith.

I have 3 dacs... (4 if you count a musical fidelity headphone dac that's been sat in a box for 3 years) My most used DAC is a Chord DAC64 - it looks and feels lovely, but also sounds good. I also have a MM30 module in my Primare i32 amp, which sounds a clear and detailed (possibly more so than the DAC64 in an A/B comparison?) but somehow fatigues on extended listening, whereas the DAC64 allows me to listen to the music and not to the system. I also have a Rega DAC (again, sat in a box - I must make use of the classifieds) which I could happily live with, but it doesn't quite dig out the detail that the Chord and Primare can, although it's a much cheaper unit.

I'm Steve.

Currently have a Denafrips Ares II R2R DAC in my system. Love that is also has 5 inputs on such a compact unit.
    Steve.

Kit I have:
    CD player, TTs, Phono stages, Pre amps, Power amps, Integrated amps, DACs, Streamers, Speakers and a bunch of cables.

I'm James.

I've had more DACs than hot dinners, or at least it seems that way

However, the one I use these days and also the one that's stuck around the longest it a Theta DS Pro Prime. I've got other arrangements for high bitrate, but honestly even at 16/44.1 the venerable old Theta usually gets it's licks in and outshines the higher bitrate gear. It's seen off quite a bit of kit and isn't likely to get shuffled off it's perch anytime soon
    Nottingham Analogue Spacedeck / Kuzma Stogi S / Benz Micro Ace S L
    Lenco L-75 / Carl Ellis Plinth / Ortofon AS-212 / Ortofon SPU Classic GM E MkII
    Ortofon ST-7 SUT / Nick G Modded Lentek Head Amp / Croft RIAA

Cambridge Audio CXU / Theta DS Pro Prime

Classé Model 30 / Luxman M-383

Usher Compass X-719

May contain opinions that others find disturbing.

I'm Andrew.

My current DAC is a Denafrips Pro-8 Mk1 which is not the same as the current R2R units that they currently make. Sadly I have not been able to find any details about the DAC nor what the architecture of the unit is. Frustrating for an enquiring mind but has no effect at all on how nice it sounds.

I'm Timothy.

LinnenberG Telemann DAC/preamp, plus DAC's available in my Naim Uniti1 and ND5XS2 units.
    Holbo TT-Nag 110-Croft phono/Innuos Zen MK2/LinnenberG Telemann DAC-Preamp/LinnenberG Allegro monoblocs/Duevel Venus/LinnenberG Maestro SE-Senn. 660S DH Labs cabling

Croft Series 7 amps, WLM La Scala, Naim Uniti1, Naim Nait XS3, Naim ND5XS2, Guru Junior

I'm Phil.

Audionote dac sig 2.1x had the jolida dac before that both very musical warm and engaging , audionote more refined . phil.
    Phil.

I'm Andrew.

Jolida glass fx III with clarity caps upgrade and a Xiang sheng dac 01a in the second system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Josie.

Still using the ALLO Katana with the Shanti PSU... Still a great sound.
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

I'm Andrew.

Audion The Converter Reference DAC with separate PSU.
    2 x PCM63P, 2 x ECC88.
    Michell Orbe with Moerch DP-6 Gold Precision > Shure Ultra 500 / London Jubilee / Miyajima Kansui > Croft RIAA R / Miyajima ETR-800P / Audion The Converter DAC > Audion Premier 2.0 > Audion Golden Night 300B/PX25 & Audio Black Shadow 845 > Audio Nirvana 15" Classic Alnico with Tannoy ST200.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast