+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Your Dac?

I'm Grant.

Default What's Your Dac?

Been meaning to do this for a while. ..... What Dac do you use and how high do you rate it

... always hard to select dacs as there are so many so might help folk
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

I have two DACs. Strictly for CD replay duties, a Monarchy Audio M22B and an M22C. I've probably owned a couple of dozen DACs, but these sound significantly better than any others I've tried.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

forgot to mention mine.. a XS dac/headphone amp and an SMSL M6, also a headphone/dac, although both can be used in situ in a main system. both i find good dacs for reasonably little outlay
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Tony.

Grant

Over the years I have had the privilege of owning many high respected dac's, now down to six

I understand why Geoff likes the Monarchy Dac's very musical, like the Wadia 15's at the time they used Burr Brown PMC 63's which are superbly engaging and natural. I still own a Wadia 15 and Wadia 27ix just really decent musical dac's

Currently I use a TAD DA1000 which replaced a five box Esoteric set up. Currently working on a project that involves AKM's dac and it is progressing well.

Some of the new Chifi dac are quite respectable too have worked on some of the latest Gustav's and LKS they are definitely improving.

Lots of choice at the moment so the world is your oyster.
    Coherent Systems
    Real high end sound with musicality not hifi

I'm Phil.

use a modwright modded jolida tube glass dac 3 which is super , smooth and organic . also got a bel canto 3.5vbs which has been marvellous , has remote controlled vol switch and loads of inputs . shortly going up for sale . also trying a teac hd o1 . only 3 inputs , not remote control but lifts the performance of the sonos big time . not bad for the price although when you advance tracks on the cd transport it makes little clicks which is a slight irritation
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Pedro.

I've got an iFi nano iDSD Black Label connected to my laptop and I use it for Tidal and for my old cd collection converted to flac I now have on an external hdd. Works for me but I've never actually compared it to any other one. Suffice to say it's pants compared to my vinyl set up.
    Black fluted LP12/Cirkus/Kore/Lingo/Ekos/ESCO Troika, Black Mogami T-Kable, Naim 72K/HiCap/250, NACA5, Neat Motive SE2

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. C View Post
    Grant

Over the years I have had the privilege of owning many high respected dac's, now down to six

I understand why Geoff likes the Monarchy Dac's very musical, like the Wadia 15's at the time they used Burr Brown PMC 63's which are superbly engaging and natural. I still own a Wadia 15 and Wadia 27ix just really decent musical dac's

Currently I use a TAD DA1000 which replaced a five box Esoteric set up. Currently working on a project that involves AKM's dac and it is progressing well.

Some of the new Chifi dac are quite respectable too have worked on some of the latest Gustav's and LKS they are definitely improving.

Lots of choice at the moment so the world is your oyster.
    was reading about the akm chip that was in a dac i saw.. forgot which one tho lol.. looked to be a good one... Had a Monarchy at one time too.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by hifinutt View Post
    use a modwright modded jolida tube glass dac 3 which is super , smooth and organic . also got a bel canto 3.5vbs which has been marvellous , has remote controlled vol switch and loads of inputs . shortly going up for sale . also trying a teac hd o1 . only 3 inputs , not remote control but lifts the performance of the sonos big time . not bad for the price although when you advance tracks on the cd transport it makes little clicks which is a slight irritation
    Quite like the Bel canto dac 3. gets very good reviews. dont know of the 3.5 tho. Jolida's keep cropping up too but are rarely seen.(must be good)
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by kota View Post
    I've got an iFi nano iDSD Black Label connected to my laptop and I use it for Tidal and for my old cd collection converted to flac I now have on an external hdd. Works for me but I've never actually compared it to any other one. Suffice to say it's pants compared to my vinyl set up.
    seen those. i take it thats the expensive one?
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I have two DACs. Strictly for CD replay duties, a Monarchy Audio M22B and an M22C. I've probably owned a couple of dozen DACs, but these sound significantly better than any others I've tried.
    yup, you got me into dac swapping when i got my first Monarchy
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast