+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Thread: What's Your Dac?

I'm Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Alp View Post
    I have a Topping D90. It is very good, took time to burn in and further benefits from good USB cables and a reclocker if your budget will stretch - I use the Oehlbach. It also has XLR outputs. I use it with a passive preamp (via RCA).

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
    Would be grateful if you could send a link for that re clocker, this Dac stuff is all new to me

I'm Alastair.

Here it is

https://www.oehlbach.com/en/audio-eq...xl-masterclock

Its very small, not much bigger than a matchbox.

Cheers

Alastair

RPI4/PI2AES running PiCorePlayer/LMS-> AQ Carbon AES -> Topping D90 DAC-> Khozomo Passive Pre-Amp -> 4x Temple Audio Monoblocks powered by 2xLiFePO batteries->Van Damme Black Bi-Wired to B&W 804 Nautilus and Sommer Carbokab 225 Interconnects

I'm Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Alp View Post
    Here it is

https://www.oehlbach.com/en/audio-eq...xl-masterclock

Its very small, not much bigger than a matchbox.

Thanks, will have a look at that today

I'm Alan.

I have been delighted with my SMSL M-400 DAC. Really superb in terms of all the high def - hifi stuff and streets ahead of my previous M2Tech Young.

But for the joy of music and a sense of 'rightness' and presence, it's the best I've heard.

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by ABCaudio View Post
    I have been delighted with my SMSL M-400 DAC. Really superb in terms of all the high def - hifi stuff and streets ahead of my previous M2Tech Young.

But for the joy of music and a sense of 'rightness' and presence, it's the best I've heard.
    Ah - I have just posted on the SMLS M400 chat i started that I have had the DAC for a few weeks and have been highly impressed. As you say it sounds very right - it’s probably the best DAC i have had also.

It has a very natural sound and a good weight/depth to the midband that other DACs I have had dont have.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Grant.

i liked my smsl dac. this one i see is up price wise with the topping d90. sure its very good.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Tony.

Have used qutest and aqua la voce s2. They are good DAC with good musicial presentation

I'm Ray.

I have a Jolida FX III, with various tubes, sound much better than my ss ones, smoother, larger soundstage etc. Switching back to ss they sound harsh.

I'm Michael.

I own an SMSL SU8, a HIFI Me USB 38 Pro, a Soncoz SGD1 and a Caiman Seg + Dorado power supply. At present I am using the Caiman Seg. I have also owned and sold an Audio Lab M Dac, a Schiit Gungnir Multibit and one from Emotiva ( Cannot remember the product ). Quite enjoying the Caiman Seg at present!

I'm Chris.

Not owned many standalone DAC's.

The first was a modified Jolida FXIII which sounded great but I sold it on as it sat for a long time not being used.

Earlier this year I decided it would be good to be able to stream music over Blue Tooth from my phone and laptop so started looking around and settled on a Soncoz SGD1. The functionality of this DAC plus the reviews on a certain web site helped me decide this would be a good option.

I am not disappointed with the quality of the sound and the Meridian CD 200/DAC combo works very well and I am listening to more CDs now. The bluetooth APTx connectivity is great and the quality again is very pleasing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast