+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help please !

I'm Tony.

Default Help please !

Dear all,
    Well, what a start to 2020 for me. The wife beggars off out and leaves you to have a good listen, and immediately I start messing about with wires, cables etc. mainly to see whether bi-wiring my lovely old Proac D15s would do any good....
    Cut a long story short, I've obviously done summat to the right speaker. After the cable swapping I put a piano disc on and thought 'what the hell...?'
    Altering the balance revealed that the right speaker is now virtually non-existent, save for a tinny distant sound coming from the tweeter area, like a mobile phone (worse actually) or someone's headphones in the distance. I brought an old pair of BWs in from the garage and they sound fine, so not the amp.
    Now, I'm not tech savvy, at all, so after 13 years healthy use I'm stumped what to do. No idea who to contact or any repairers, so at the moment they're out of use in the garage.
    Any idea what muggins here might have (inadvertently) done...?? Thanks in advance for any thoughts/ advice.

I'm Grant.

have you reconnected the bi links on rear of speaker, or has one come off. there will be 4 sockets. 2 for bass 2 for tweeter.(simplified) they need to be connected together to get the crossovers to work
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Tony.

You're a genius !! (well, compared to me...))
    Yes I had put the links back but one was slightly adrift - once i had decent light and could see it properly, I could sort it and hey presto - panic over.
    Thanks Grant

+ Reply to Thread