+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SME Synergy

I'm Brian.

Default SME Synergy

Not sure what to make of this . Cant't afford it anyway https://sme.co.uk/audio/product/synergy/
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm Barrington.

Quote Originally Posted by brian2957 View Post
    Not sure what to make of this . Cant't afford it anyway https://sme.co.uk/audio/product/synergy/
    Seems ideal for people with limited space, however I feel you will paying for the effort involved in magnetic shielding over output audio quality.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

I'm Grant.

very pretty, but at 15k a bit rich
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Agree £15K is a "bit rich", but the package does include an Ortofon 'Winfield' cartridge and a customised Nagra phonostage. Both of these are expensive components.

It would seem that SME, since being sold off, and Nagra, and to some extent Ortofon, are all aiming towards achieving 'Veblen' status, where if you need to ask the price you can't afford it. The recent price hikes are the new owners exploiting supply and demand.

SME make most of their money now through precision engineering for the MoD and aerospace industries. Audio is no longer their core business.
    Last edited by Barry; 26-03-2019 at 19:59. Reason: Additional comments
    Barry

I'm Sandro.

It has the name but ...

They have been bought by another company whit a resulting price hike last year, I know because when I got the V the day after I got a call telling me "it is now £1K more"

Does the name mean the same thing anymore?

One have to have a listen to it …

It looks like they used the 10 platform call it £6K + the IV arm £3.5 K +£2k for a cartridge that probably most of us do not want means about 4 k for the phono stage some how this take me back to the start of this post

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Bksabath View Post
    It has the name but ...

They have been bought by another company whit a resulting price hike last year, I know because when I got the V the day after I got a call telling me "it is now £1K more"

Does the name mean the same thing anymore?

One have to have a listen to it …

It looks like they used the 10 platform call it £6K + the IV arm £3.5 K +£2k for a cartridge that probably most of us do not want means about 4 k for the phono stage some how this take me back to the start of this post
    SME no longer sell to dealers direct, now done via a distributor and they need a profit margin, that explains the price rise. SME has been getting more and more expensive, and I can't really see the justification for the jumps.

Yes the guy behind Cadence speakers and amps bought SME.
    Regards Neil

I'm Tim.

Looks terrible IMO. Not judging one bit it's performance though. Understanding that SME now do participate in the race for the gentrification of the "hipster" phenomenon of the turntable revival as seen in the movies, advertisements and bars. Like the BIG watches, cars, boats and wallets owners, this commercialized turntable likely aim to those who enjoy showing off that the gap between the have and the have nots has grown...

Honestly I am not impressed nor jealous nor have the gut feeling it aim for an unrivaled experience never before encountered of turntable playback as it should be for such tag priced developed product. No it's not that new phono geek engineer eccentricity trial commercial suicide product that will not avail very far. It seems, to me at least, to be a bit like an every day for use Porsche (show off car) that will never see a race track down the road...

This is not where SME comes from.
    - Cart Denon DL-102 in bakelite Ortofon SPU 'G' type headshell
    - TA SME 3009 'Improved' converted in heavy mass with detachable headshell
    - TT Thorens TD160 'E' totally tweaked driven by an 'Eagle & RoadRunner' PSU & tachometer combo
    - Matts top to bottom: leather, cork, felt & 12" vinyl
    - Pre-amp 'Modulis' Isem
    - Amp 'Exampli' Etalon 2x40W
    - Speakers 12" Leak 'Sandwich' first generation creatively recapped

I'm Nari.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral Morn View Post
    SME no longer sell to dealers direct, now done via a distributor and they need a profit margin, that explains the price rise. SME has been getting more and more expensive, and I can't really see the justification for the jumps.

Yes the guy behind Cadence speakers and amps bought SME.
    Padood who distribute sme is also owned by the same owner.
    Most important and used Walker Black Diamond Etsuro Gold, Micro Seiki 8000mk2 Kondo special V12 Tiger Eye, Fidelity Research FR 66 Shindo spu, EMT 927, sme 312 aluminium. Fidelity research fr66, Sme 3012 mk1, Sme V, Ikeda 407 IT Sme Model 30/2/Dynavector 507 Kodo Beat Turntable Airtangent 10B modified Fidelity fr66s Etsuro Cartridge . Kondo Gakuoh Mk1 powers G70 Pre,Audio Tekne TFA-8695PCS pre Audio Tekne TEA 8695 Phono. Lfd Battery Phono Stage heavily custom rebuilt by Dr Richard Bews, Tharx Phono Stage. Lfd Master Dual Biamp power amp, Lfd Anniversary master preamp. Shindo Latour Field Coil. Rockport Cygnus Biamped, Voigt Domestic Corner Horns/ Feastex Fildcoils. LFD Custom silver Ribbons. LFD Diamond Vipor Mk2 interconnects, Lfd Golden Cobra interconnect. Koetsu blue lace mono special order, Koetsu burma jade mono special order.

I'm Deleted.

I think it’s a clever and logical idea. Basically a fit and forget high-end turntable - an SME 10 deck with SME arm and built in Nagra phonostage.
    Account Deleted

I'm Hugo.

Quote Originally Posted by YNWaN View Post
    I think it’s a clever and logical idea. Basically a fit and forget high-end turntable - an SME 10 deck with SME arm and built in Nagra phonostage.
    Indeed, however it's a shame that SME's prices have risen so much, but presumably the new owners know the market they're targeting. For that money, I would have a new Technics SL-1000R and spend the change on a decent phono stage.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast