+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Just joined and saying hello

I'm David.

Default Just joined and saying hello

Hello. My name is David and I just joined the forum. I live in South West Surrey and enjoy many thing - among them HiFi - but only for music rather than for its own sake. Well I hope so anyway!

My system comprises a lot of old stuff now:
    Linn LP12 with Cirkus upgrades, Lin Ittock, Ortofon Quintet Blue MC cartridge running through a Trichord Dino into a Linn Classik and LK140. This drives either Linn Kan's (MkII) or Spendor SP2/2's for which I had new drivers made by Spendor and new tweeters from Scanspeak. I also have a Linn Sneaky DS for streaming from my library or from Qobuz. I have just ordered a Yamaha a-s2100 as I think my Classik dating from 1998 is, perhaps, a bit long in the tooth now. Looking forward to seeing and hearing it when it comes.

I have another small system in my study comprising a Cyrus CD6s (not fond of), a Bluesound Node II streamer running through a Quad Vena to Linn Tukans.

I use QED Silver Anniversary for all my speaker interconnects and Chord Crimson for component connections.

Music tastes are 'broad' I would guess from renaissance polyphony, through chamber music to full scale symphonies and on through classic rock such as Led Zep, deep Purple, Eric Clapton, genesis, Neil Young to electronica and trance and ambient such as Eno, Marconi Union, Digital etc. Favourite radio stations are Radio 3 and radio Paradise.

looking forward to any advice and or comments from other members.

cheers.

David

I'm Shane.

Howdy! Welcome to AOS.

Have fun.

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm Geoff.

Hi David. Welcome to AOS.

I'm sure you'll find plenty to interest you here.

Feel free to join in the chat, everybody is friendly.

If you want a tip, try out some different speaker cables.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Leo.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS David.

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread