+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: Squeezebox touch to Chromecast audio?

  1. #11
    Join Date: Apr 2013

    Location: Barry, South Wales, UK

    Posts: 994
    I'm Rich.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    If you're running the Touch on its embedded server then you'll find that it's next to useless.
    Which radio stations are you listening to?
    If it's anything BBC you should be able to cast the audio to a Chromecast device.
    I actually really like the Touch. I know pretty much everything on it can be found on the web, but there is such a good selection of stations on it that it's nice to have it all bundled in one easy to use box.

    The only reason I wanted to try to cast it was to move it away from the main system to reduce the amount of plugs going into just 2 sockets.

    It's used a lot but never really for sitting and listening to the way vinyl & CDs are. It's great for having on during scrabble night, and if I just want something on while I'm wandering about the place aimlessly.

    Clearaudio Emotion with Clearaudio Performer cart
    Copland CDA 266
    Copland CSA 28
    Squeezebox Touch
    Impulse Lali
    Van Damme I/Cs and cables

  2. #12
    Join Date: Nov 2008

    Location: Valley of the Hazels

    Posts: 8,819
    I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

    Default

    My CC Audio player arrived.
    It was a doddle to set up for normal operations, and worked just fine.
    Then a minimum of messing about with LMS in piCorePlayer, enabling and setting up the Chromecast bridge plugin, and the CC Audio player becomes a rendering device for LMS.

    Sweet!

    The CC Audio player has a set of desktop speakers, and it's playing music off my local server as I'm typing this.
    Mega sweet!!!

    Making a Pi player has moved to the back of the "to do" list.
    It was never at the front of the queue, but it is now definitely at the back of it.
    Chris



    Common sense isn't anymore!

  3. #13
    Join Date: Apr 2013

    Location: Barry, South Wales, UK

    Posts: 994
    I'm Rich.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    My CC Audio player arrived.
    It was a doddle to set up for normal operations, and worked just fine.
    Then a minimum of messing about with LMS in piCorePlayer, enabling and setting up the Chromecast bridge plugin, and the CC Audio player becomes a rendering device for LMS.

    Sweet!

    The CC Audio player has a set of desktop speakers, and it's playing music off my local server as I'm typing this.
    Mega sweet!!!

    Making a Pi player has moved to the back of the "to do" list.
    It was never at the front of the queue, but it is now definitely at the back of it.
    Glad to hear you got it sorted and set up so easily.

    I now have a CCA I no longer use after a reshuffle. They are handy devices so I may well keep it just in case.

    After buying a 5m cable for my SBT and experimenting with analogue out and now digital though a little Fiio DAC, I am getting a better sound than ever from it. I've even popped a few FLAC albums that I don't have on physical format onto a USB drive and am very pleasantly surprised by how good it sounds.

    Rich.

    Clearaudio Emotion with Clearaudio Performer cart
    Copland CDA 266
    Copland CSA 28
    Squeezebox Touch
    Impulse Lali
    Van Damme I/Cs and cables

  4. #14
    Join Date: Nov 2008

    Location: Valley of the Hazels

    Posts: 8,819
    I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stairpost View Post
    After buying a 5m cable for my SBT and experimenting with analogue out and now digital though a little Fiio DAC, I am getting a better sound than ever from it. I've even popped a few FLAC albums that I don't have on physical format onto a USB drive and am very pleasantly surprised by how good it sounds.

    Rich.
    Have you tried fixing the volume to 100% in software?
    Chris



    Common sense isn't anymore!

  5. #15
    Join Date: Apr 2013

    Location: Barry, South Wales, UK

    Posts: 994
    I'm Rich.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    Have you tried fixing the volume to 100% in software?
    No, I haven't. Is it worthwhile to do so?

    Clearaudio Emotion with Clearaudio Performer cart
    Copland CDA 266
    Copland CSA 28
    Squeezebox Touch
    Impulse Lali
    Van Damme I/Cs and cables

  6. #16
    Join Date: Nov 2008

    Location: Valley of the Hazels

    Posts: 8,819
    I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stairpost View Post
    No, I haven't. Is it worthwhile to do so?
    I used to use replaygain level correction. It safeguarded against those moments when you have to leap across the room to get to a volume control to turn it down.
    Then one day I updated the server software and things sounded immediately better.
    I eventually worked out that replaygain level correction was not switched on by default, so switched it on, heard the drop in sound quality, and turned it back off again.

    It costs nothing, and it's an improvement in SQ.
    Chris



    Common sense isn't anymore!

  7. #17
    Join Date: Apr 2013

    Location: Barry, South Wales, UK

    Posts: 994
    I'm Rich.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    I used to use replaygain level correction. It safeguarded against those moments when you have to leap across the room to get to a volume control to turn it down.
    Then one day I updated the server software and things sounded immediately better.
    I eventually worked out that replaygain level correction was not switched on by default, so switched it on, heard the drop in sound quality, and turned it back off again.

    It costs nothing, and it's an improvement in SQ.
    I'll give it a try, thanks for the tip.

    Clearaudio Emotion with Clearaudio Performer cart
    Copland CDA 266
    Copland CSA 28
    Squeezebox Touch
    Impulse Lali
    Van Damme I/Cs and cables

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12



 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •