+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Phono stage for Sugden A21

I'm Clint.

Default Phono stage for Sugden A21

HI All.

I have a Sugden A21 with a built in phono stage & it's very good. However, like a lot of folks on here I imagine, i'm looking to improve the sound from my vinyl & am looking for a decent separate MM phono stage. I have had a demo of the Rothwell Rialto & Sonneteer Sedley which were both very good & the Rothwell suited my ears better, sounded really good on the home demo. Just wondering if there are any fellow A21 users on here who have found a phono stage that "works" well with the A21. My deck is a Rega RP6 with a Nagaoka MP200 & I prefer a musical sound to an analytical one. Cheers people. Oh yes, budget up to £1000 & wont be going the MC route just yet, love the MP200 toooooooo much.

I'm Dave.

Rega Fono MM or Fono MC if you fancy going down the MC route.

An Audio Technica AT-F2 + Fono MC is a great combination for less than many MMs.

I'm Clint.

HI David

Thanks for that suggestion. I've heard the Rega Aria phono a couple of times & thought it was very good. I have found a couple of second hand Aria's so may give one a go. The Rothwell Rialto for £378 was quite superb, amazing SPPV in my opinion. Thanks again.

+ Reply to Thread