+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Supertweeters if you just stream ?

I'm Martin.

Default Supertweeters if you just stream ?

I only stream from spotify and you tube, my speakers have a range to 30khz.

Was looking at a few interesting threads on supertweeters , but CD cuts out at 22khz. Am I right in thinking I’m not likely to benefit from use of supertweeters ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Chris.

At 70 years old I cant hear that high, but they still make a difference adding an expansive air to the music.
    Source
    SW1X Universal Music Server UMS I Signature with Power Supply Unit PSU I Signature
    SW1X USB II
    SW1X DAC III Special
    Audiolab 6000 CDT transport
    Amps
    Pre amps -- Hi fi Collective twin mono ladder stepped attenuator, with Charcroft Z-foil and silver wired. And First Watt B1 active no gain buffer.
    Power amps -- Welborne 45 SET monoblocks 1.8W / Decware Taboo 6W / Elekit 300B TU-8600SVK plus further improved components 9W / ICE Power 1000W
    Speakers
    Highly modified Endorphin P17 open baffle speakers containing both vintage and modern alnico drivers and paper cones. All silver wired - 8" Cube Audio FC8 full range drivers and vintage 15" Altec VOTT 416 bass drivers. All sat on Townsend Audio Podium seismic isolation platforms.
    BK Electronics XLS400FF Sub.
    Cabling
    Silver mains cables, interconnects and speaker cables by SW1X
    Headphones
    HRT HeadStreamer and SennHeiser HD650 headphones

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by bumpy View Post
    At 70 years old I cant hear that high, but they still make a difference adding an expansive air to the music.

And you only stream too bumpy ?

I'm Grant.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-TAKET...frcectupt=true

get a set of these. quite good and do give an air to the music.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Chris.

Source
    SW1X Universal Music Server UMS I Signature with Power Supply Unit PSU I Signature
    SW1X USB II
    SW1X DAC III Special
    Amps
    Pre amps -- Hi fi Collective twin mono ladder stepped attenuator, with Charcroft Z-foil and silver wired. And First Watt B1 active no gain buffer.
    Power amps -- Welborne 45 SET monoblocks 1.8W / Decware Taboo 6W / Elekit 300B TU-8600SVK plus further improved components 9W / ICE Power 1000W
    Speakers
    Highly modified Endorphin P17 open baffle speakers containing both vintage and modern alnico drivers and paper cones. All silver wired - 8" Cube Audio FC8 full range drivers and vintage 15" Altec VOTT 416 bass drivers. All sat on Townsend Audio Podium seismic isolation platforms.
    Cabling
    Headphones

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Discopants View Post
    And you only stream too bumpy ?

Red book 'CD' wav files from a dedicated music server. No oversampling.
    Last edited by bumpy; 24-03-2019 at 15:39.
    Source
    SW1X USB II
    SW1X DAC III Special
    Amps
    Speakers
    Cabling
    Headphones

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by bumpy View Post

Very interesting yes, thanks for sharing.

Im a big fan of a subwoofer and I think that does give my system better mid range and treble as well as a couple of octaves of good bass as my little tablettes only go down to 55hz.

I dont use open baffle design or a single full range driver. I’m also using an amp that uses DSP to correct the room response. Its hard to imagine what the effect of a super tweeter will do in my system but I get the principle. Right now I do think my system has good top end sparkle, but i’m always interested in pushing limits.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-TAKET...frcectupt=true

get a set of these. quite good and do give an air to the music.
    Yes saw these Grant, they also do a model up from this which is encased and has an adjustable crossover and good quality speaker terminals. However this would be forward facing and maybe better off with theses tiddlers up firing.

Do you point yours forwards or up ?

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Discopants View Post
    Yes saw these Grant, they also do a model up from this which is encased and has an adjustable crossover and good quality speaker terminals. However this would be forward facing and maybe better off with theses tiddlers up firing.

Do you point yours forwards or up ?

got mine on sides near rear so cable doesnt really show. they are i think happy anywhere. i know of some who fire them up too
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm tony.

Ive tried the takets on 57s firing vertically on the rear worked well.

My son now has them on his frugels again at the rear firing vertically....they are excellent.

Dont ask me how or why they do what they do-enhanced midrange and bass articulation but the make a noticeable difference.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast