+ Reply to Thread

Thread: anybody have experience in fixing Pioneer PL600X spring suspension??

I'm Julian.

Default anybody have experience in fixing Pioneer PL600X spring suspension??

Just acquired one of these and believe that the suspension is at fault, with half of it sagging and the other half rock solid.
    I know that there are a myriad of potential gremlins with the spring suspension - e.g.
    > each corner has a different spring spec, so they may have got mixed up if previously repaired
    > the rubber boots and seats housing the springs deteriorate over time
    > its also missing a foot which seem to be extremely hard to find these days

Just wondered if anyone has tackled one of these before, and could share some leaernings?
    Is there a company which properly services or restores these in the uk?

Any help would be fab - getting desperate !!

Many thanks

I'm Geoff.

It shouldn't be too hard to set up. Have you got a photo of the type of feet used?
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Julian.

IMG_2427.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    It shouldn't be too hard to set up. Have you got a photo of the type of feet used?
    The feet are very different to say a Tosh SR370 or Tech 1200, they screw in and are not all that adjustable. They screw into the suspension spring.

Somebody like Richard at Vantage Audio would have been great, as I believe this model can be a real PITA to get sorted. But as we know, Richard isn't an option.

Help !!!

I'm John.

Hi Julian - I've just recently picked up a Pioneer PL600 myself so may have the same problem, the PL600 being the silver version. I hope to check the turntable next week particularly the suspension bushes to see if they have deteriorated badly and to inspect the tonearm auto-lift drive belt, so I'll let you know what I find. I've already started to think about how I can make replacement rubber bushes as I am keen to see how this turntable performs as it is in very tidy condition. I see you are Wiltshire based so not far away from me.
    Regards

Basil

I'm Paul.

I don’t know what the rubber parts look like but I have had quite a bit of success making replacement rubber parts out of silicone, either a 2 part silicone bought from somewhere like PS Composites or a high quality RTV silicone sealent from Loctite. You can use the cheaper sealants like you find at B&Q but the quality of of rubber will not be as good. The tricky part is making a mould to pump the silicone into but usually you can make something out of bits of PVC pipe etc.

Just a possible option if other avenues are exhuasted.
    ~Paul~

I'm Julian.

Hi John. Wow, fancy that! I am based in Swindon, two new PL600 users at the same time in the same county. Mine is a PL600X in black. I have done a ton of research and it is a minefield...such a shame as these are apparently great decks. Let me know how you get on!!

+ Reply to Thread