+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Toy!

I'm Clint.

As I stated earlier, ever since I had the demo with the RP6 & LSD a couple of years ago, the sound from the Funkfirm deck has stayed in my head. As you said, it just sounded right. That is why I have the amp, CDP & speakers I own. Hearing it again last year at the Cranage Hall show just confirmed this & it wasn't in a mega bucks system either. I have a great dealer near by that stock Funkfirm & they highly rate the LSD. I think one of the guys that works there used to work for Arthur some time ago. I know for a fact that once funds permit & I can upgrade my deck, they would set the LSD up for me & if there were any issues they would get resolved very quickly.

Regards Clint

Quote Originally Posted by carruthersesq View Post
    Hi Clint
    I had an RP6 when I heard the LSD and traded the Rega in there and then. In my opinion it was night and day better than the RP6, I didn’t hear any Rega decks further up the food chain. The LSD just sounded so right to me ears.

I can understand people who suggest there are QC issues, having said that there is nothing that will not be resolved if you encounter any by your dealer or Arthur himself in my case. My issues were more to do with me than the deck and once resolved I have never had any further issues for a couple of years now. I still on occasion email him and he always responds.

Some would argue there shouldn’t be any issues but I had several issues with Rega equipment that all got resolved satisfactorily by Rega and people say their customer service is great but you hear complaints about Funk Firm, I don’t get the double standards??

Regards Steve.

I'm Steve.

After several listening sessions, a few sides on the Trilogy and a few sides on the Vertere their is very little in it to be honest. Happily live with either amp.

I knew the Vertere was a great amp and pitting it against what lots of people think is the best sub £1k amp just proves how good it is.

But which do i choose to live with?? Decisions decisions.....
    Regards Steve

Funkfirm Little Super Deck with F5 arm
    Audio Technica AT33sa
    Vertere Phono 1
    Naim Supernait 2
    Niam Allae speaker

I'm Clint.

HI Steve

Just curious if you have decided which phono stage you've decided to keep?

Regards

Clint

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12