+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Toy!

I'm Steve.

Default New Toy!

New toy arrived today, wife and kids out so having a play!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Regards Steve

Funkfirm Little Super Deck with F5 arm
    Audio Technica AT33sa
    Vertere Phono 1
    Naim Supernait 2
    Niam Allae speaker

Which one is new the Trilogy or Vertere. Nearly pulled the trigger on a second hand Vertere so interested on what you think of it.
    Paul.

I'm Steve.

Hi Paul
    The Trilogy is the new one, the Vertere is about a year old. Early view is I think the Trilogy might have it, but it’s only been a couple of hours.

I’ll play for a couple of weeks and decide.
    Last edited by carruthersesq; 24-03-2019 at 20:46.
    Regards Steve

Audio Technica AT33sa
    Vertere Phono 1
    Naim Supernait 2
    Niam Allae speaker

Hi Steve,

Both look nice although very different appearance. Interesting though that the Trilogy may just pip it at the moment as they have pretty much the same RRP.

Will keep an eye out on your experience though. I currently have a valve phono which is apparently a clone of the Audio Innovations P1. However I am wanting revisit a solid state phono although continue with my Cinemag SUT.
    Paul.

I'm Dave.

Had a couple of Trilogy phono stages to try out a little while ago. Didn't go well..

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
    Had a couple of Trilogy phono stages to try out a little while ago. Didn't go well..
    Hi Dave
    Why was that? Was there issues with them or did you just not enjoy their performance?
    Regards Steve

Audio Technica AT33sa
    Vertere Phono 1
    Naim Supernait 2
    Niam Allae speaker

I'm Dave.

First one had a lot of DC offset because it blew up the Sonneteer amp I used it with. A replacement still had DC offset, though not at such high level, it just made the amps I used it with, very noisy when turning on/off or changing inputs. The manufacturer reckoned it was my fault and nothing to do with the phono stage, so I never heard it working properly

I'm Steve.

Had quite some time to listen to both amps today. I primarily stock with the Trilogy and tried different loading options.

I like this Phono stage a lot. It’s not night and day better than the Vertere and I could happily live with either, but at the Monet I’m leaning towards keeping the Trilogy and moving the Vertere on.
    Regards Steve

Audio Technica AT33sa
    Vertere Phono 1
    Naim Supernait 2
    Niam Allae speaker

I'm Clint.

HI Steve

I've read good things about the Trilogy 906 & i'm waiting for a local dealer who is getting one in soon so I will have a demo.

Hope you don't mind me asking a question about your deck, the LSD, had a demo of one of these with a Rega RP6 when I was upgrading my deck, wished i'd had the money at the time to get the LSD. My RP6 was slight seconds so got £250 knocked off the price & it's served me well for the last couple of years. Heard the LSD again last year at the Cranage Hall show & thought it was better than a £16k deck in the same room. Just wondering what you think of the LSD, read about some QC issues on line but I have a dealer near me that really know what they are doing setting up decks & they really like & rate highly Funkfirm decks. I have the Acromat on my RP6 which made a difference to the sound, not a massive difference but enough to buy one.

Thanks Steve.

Clint

I'm Steve.

Hi Clint
    I had an RP6 when I heard the LSD and traded the Rega in there and then. In my opinion it was night and day better than the RP6, I didn’t hear any Rega decks further up the food chain. The LSD just sounded so right to me ears.

I can understand people who suggest there are QC issues, having said that there is nothing that will not be resolved if you encounter any by your dealer or Arthur himself in my case. My issues were more to do with me than the deck and once resolved I have never had any further issues for a couple of years now. I still on occasion email him and he always responds.

Some would argue there shouldn’t be any issues but I had several issues with Rega equipment that all got resolved satisfactorily by Rega and people say their customer service is great but you hear complaints about Funk Firm, I don’t get the double standards??

Regards Steve.
    Regards Steve

Audio Technica AT33sa
    Vertere Phono 1
    Naim Supernait 2
    Niam Allae speaker

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast