+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Concert You Have Been To.....

I'm Greg.

Default Best Concert You Have Been To.....

Wondering what is the best live concert you have attended. I know sometimes that would be a tough one to answer...
    Mine...7-14-1994 Pink Floyd tour, Silverdome in Pontiac MI.
    Greg

I'm Rob.

They Might Be Giants - at Cardiff University - June 1990.. The hall at the University Union was large. At most concerts I went to while I was at university there would be a group close to the stag bobbing up and down - but most people stood and enjoyed the music. At this concert, everyone was moving to the music - expect those near the stage because the were packed so tight they couldn't move. It was just fantastic and everyone was in such a good mood.
    Rob.
    Powered by crossed fingers and clenched buttocks

I'm John.

Wishbone Ash, Bournemouth Winter Gardens, mid-70s.
    Sent by me using an appendage

SME Model 15/V tonearm, Lyra Dorian, EAR Phono Box.

Luxman 509X amp.

PMC 25 23i speakers.

Innuos/Roon/Qobuz/I-Pad. Oppo UDP-205.

Cables by Kimber, Yannis and Audioquest.

Audioquest Niagara. Tube Distinctions Mains power filter. Project RCM. Zerostat.

I'm Russell.

Wow that’s a tough one! I’ve been to so many back in the day. But one ZZ Top concert was as Rob described, everyone was moving, cheering! I’ve never heard a crowd respond like they did that night. Everyone knew every song, a night to remember. Second runner up might be one of the times I saw Rush, or an early Robert Plant concert, not too long after Led Zeppelin broke up. The crowd has everything to do with a good show.

Russell

I'm sorted.

Hawkwind - Hammersmith Odeon - December 1989

I'm Adam.

Prince, Ronnie Scotts
    "lack of passion is fatal"

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

I'm Adam.

Or maybe Ian Dury Dingwalls, Camden

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

I'm Adam.

Scrub that ..Cassandra Wilson - The Blue Note - NYC
    This is impossible...

I'm Andy.

BrandX - was 1980 (or was it 1979.....) at the Manchester Polytechnic (only around 100 people there)
    Main system:
    Analogue.
    Michell Orbe with arm decoupling kit & Pete's Pylons. SME V arm, Denon DL103M (FGS), Firebottle OPT MKII phono amp
    Technic SP-10 in Obsidian plinth, AT1010 PMAC v8b arm, Goldring Elite MC Cart and BB3 Phono Amp
    Leak Lenco GL75 with Ortofon OM10 cartridge
    Technics RS-BX404 Cassette Deck
    Network Player.
    Raspberry PI plus R2-R DAC (also used as a CD player) plus Pi NAS Server
    Digital.
    Philips DCC 730 player
    Marantz CD50SE
    Amp.
    Audiolab 8000A
    Speakers.
    Reiver Jenna floor standers
    HeadPhones.
    Sennheiser HD545 Ref, HD600, HD477

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by gninnam View Post
    BrandX - was 1980 (or was it 1979.....) at the Manchester Polytechnic (only around 100 people there)
    I had a similar concert that might also rank close to number one. I saw Judas Priest in 1979 I think, it was a holiday concert, and there were 3 big shows in the area, I opted for the indoor show, and the place was only about one third full, nobody was there! But they played until they turned the lights out about 1:30am! They played old cover songs! People were literally dancing, due to all the open space on the floor. They turned the lights out mid song, everything died with a grown.

Russell

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast