+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best Concert You Have Been To.....

I'm Neil.

Blue Nile - Opera House Belfast, maybe 7 years ago.

Clannad - early 90s Belfast.

Steven Wilson - Madela Hall Belfast last year.

Jane Siberry - Real Music Club Belfast.

Steve Hackett - Waterfront Hall Belfast.
    Regards Neil

I'm Tony.

I have been to one or two gigs in my time but the one concert that blew me away - and I'm almost ashamed to admit this in retrospect - was Genesis at Earls Court London in 1977. At the time only the first two post-Gabriel LPs had been issued and the band still had a bit of an edge and that night they were just on form. Couple that with the best laser show I'd ever seen at that time and I went home a happy fella.

It also helped that a mate of mine was working security and managed to get me from seats at the back of the hall to seats three rows from the front for me and wife person as Susan George and Hubby weren't going to make it that evening so their VIP seats were empty. Result.

That was a Saturday evening. The next day I saw The Stranglers at The Roundhouse. Nowt like a bit of contrast.

There have been many other notable music events I've attended but I'll just mention the one that, so far, impressed me the most.

I'm givingyouaprettygoodclue.

Ramones Sheffield Octagon 1987. 10 years on from their heyday, I'd seen them before but this time I was wedged into the centre of the front row (probably still have the barrier marks on my ribcage) with nothing between me and the band. I still remember the hum of the amps, their sweat and the smell of leather. Happily part of the gig was recorded by the BBC.

Kids today..squinting at the 02's video screens showing a band that's 100m away...

Pete

I'm Ian.

Historically, Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac on their farewell tour at the Redcar Jazz Club in the early 70's.
    More recently Emiliana Torrini and The Colorist at the Shepherd's Bush Empire last year. Absolutely amazing concert.

I'm Geoff.

Prince, at a variety of venues. Consistently the best performer I have seen.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Main system: Sony TTS8000; AT1010; Audio Technica Art1; The Lentek; Cambridge 851n, Yamaha NS1000.
    System 2 - SBT; Technics SH-X1000 DAC; Denon PMA-850

I'm jamie.

mine was u2 in paris,the love town tour with bb king as the support.
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123