+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Re-building a new (ish!) system

I'm Toby.

Thumbs up Re-building a new (ish!) system

Hi, I'm likely to be looking for some advice here and there. A couple of years ago, I bought a flat - meaning that anything I had of value had to be sold to pay for renovations and other such dull stuff. So my once interesting system had to go - a heavily upgraded and modified Teac A-H500i amp, Bluesound Node 2, Garrard Sp-25 (also pretty modified), custom made phono stage, KEF LS50s. Since then I have been streaming music to a Sonos Play1. It's not the worst sounding little thing but I miss the joy of really great sound and I'm going to starting to think about re-building my setup.

So this is what I have in mind -

Sony TA-F7B or Yamaha CA-1010
    Bluesound Node 2 again
    Some kind of modified turntable
    Probably KEP LS50s again.

So if anyone is selling any of the above, please get in touch!

I'm Shane.

Welcome to AOS.

My father recently sold his LS50's after two years of ownership. Great little speakers!

Have fun.

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by tobee1 View Post

So this is what I have in mind -

Sony TA-F7B or Yamaha CA-1010
    Bluesound Node 2 again
    Some kind of modified turntable
    Probably KEP LS50s again.

So if anyone is selling any of the above, please get in touch!
    Hi Toby

I think either amps, if you can find a good one at a good price, are worth having they were great in there day and will give a lot of modern ones a run for their money.

Sony TA-F7B

Yamaha CA-1010

I know KEF LS50's as monitors is that what you mean? I would have thought you could get a better sounding speaker, probably a small to medium floorvstander, there have been a few quite good ones for sale on here recently for £300-700 maybe worth checking the Private Exhibition threads.

The Bluesound Node 2 scores well and the new version is pretty flexible, you might want to look at the relatively newly released Volumio PRIMO, which my be on list for me to replace RPI/Hifi Berry digi+ and exrternal DAC, I am sure others can recommend a few more.

TT is a very personal thing and really depends on what you are looking for in terms of SQ.

Welcome to AoS
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Geoff.

Hello Toby. Welcome to AOS.

I'm sure you'll get plenty of help if you need it. Just find the right section of the site and ask.

Feel free to join in the chat, everybody is friendly.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Toby.

Thank you everyone - really appreciate the input.

I will have a think about speakers, probably worth having a listen to some alternatives, I really enjoyed those (KEF....typing issues yesterday!) LS50s but I know there are a load of good options.

I don't know the Volumio PRIMO but will definitely look into it.

Again, appreciate the ideas guys.

I'm Andy.

Ls50 wireless can do all of this all in a one box solution, sounds great as well

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Toby.

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread