Hi, new to the AOS Web site forum. About 18 months ago took the "plunge" into to a home wireless digital audio system by purchasing a Bluesound Vault 2 (they have since upgraded to a Vault 2i). Had been keeping my eye on the music server technology since about the very early 2000's. Went to a couple seminar's on the subject and was turned off pretty much right away first from the cost then the software needed for all the different components to be able to communicate with one another. You needed to have a PHD in computer software to make everything work.............LOL
So have been keeping an eye on the "hardware" as the systems have evolved and when Bluesound came out with theirs I waited for bit, kept an eye on their owners forum to see how things were going and finally made the first purchased of the Vault 2 (the heart of the system). Spent pretty much all of the winter of 2018-1019 digitizing my LP collection (1400+) and the CD collection (1200+). Up to around 44,000+ tracks in the system now. Added a couple of Node 2i's for connection to a couple 2 channel systems I have in the house, installed a Pulse 2i in the kitchen and added a Power Node 2i in our 3 season porch on the deck feeding a couple JBL 4601"s..

Very happy with the sound quality (using FLAC files). Very easy to use the system with my IPad or my desktop PC (If I can use it anyone can...LOL).
I still do my serious listening to vinyl ,SACD and Redbook CD's in my basement main listening room (kept a small collection of those) but also have the option of using the Bluesound system there also. System has access to pretty much all of the on-line music services out there if your into that. I am "old" school (as I said I still listen to 2 channel vinyl) so the only thing I might try out is Hi-Res music files maybe.
Pretty much have sold off my other CD players, receiver's, etc....do not need them anymore.
So if any of you are seriously considering getting in to an easy to use wireless home audio system (server) I suggest you at least find the closest Bluesound dealer and check it out. There are a lot more manufacturer's coming out with them now, most have features that I will not use that makes them a lot more expensive.
But again very happy with the outcome. Hope this helps anyone looking into the technology.