+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wanted: XLR male to RCA male interconnects (stereo pair)

montesquieu Guest

Default Wanted: XLR male to RCA male interconnects (stereo pair)

Anyone got a sensibly-priced but decent quality pair of these?

I bought a pair of Van Damme off ebay for a tenner a side (one of them in a fetching fire engine red) but seeking a modest improvement without spending loads.

montesquieu Guest

Still looking, I thought I got some on AoS but cables that arrived were RCA to XLR female

I'm Edward.

Tom, why not ask one of the DIYers here to make up a set for you with quality cable and connectors? Or get your soldering iron out and DIY.

What are you connecting anyway? If you are looking for male XLRs I'm guessing the source is the RCA side. Is the XLR side a true balanced XLR connection and if so how are you managing the different sensitivities?
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Alan.

'ANDSOME IN THE SUMMER..'ORIBBLE IN THE WINTER. Barney Milne

Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Benz M2 Ruby cantilever, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Densen D20, Densen D30, Cambridge Audio 840A V2 integrated, Pioneer SX-N30AE Network Stereo Receiver, Roksan Darius speakers, Technics speakers, Canon speakers, Bastanis Dragonfly Horns, REL Storm III sub, Target R1 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

I'm Alan.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-Neutri...sAAOSwbeJZpii4

if you're feeling adventurous...take them to bits, like I did with mine and rewired them with hospital grade silver plated hook up wire....they are hanging off the back of my CXN....and now you can use any rca interconnects you like........ they're great...
    Last edited by mad-moon; 21-03-2019 at 16:36.

Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Benz M2 Ruby cantilever, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Densen D20, Densen D30, Cambridge Audio 840A V2 integrated, Pioneer SX-N30AE Network Stereo Receiver, Roksan Darius speakers, Technics speakers, Canon speakers, Bastanis Dragonfly Horns, REL Storm III sub, Target R1 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

montesquieu Guest

The Silvercore monoblocks are balanced input only but the cheapo cables I bought as a test work fine feeding them from a single ended preamp.

You really don't want to look at my soldering!

Hmm this appraoch appeals!

I'm Alan.

[QUOTE=montesquieu;1071687]The Silvercore monoblocks are balanced input only but the cheapo cables I bought as a test work fine feeding them from a single ended preamp.

You really don't want to look at my soldering!

Hmm this appraoch appeals![/QU

Send them to me and I'll rewire them fro you....

I'm Alan.

[IMG]BALANCE by alan moon, on Flickr[/IMG]

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    The Silvercore monoblocks are balanced input only but the cheapo cables I bought as a test work fine feeding them from a single ended preamp.

Hmm this approach appeals!
    That is what I would go for if I couldn't or wouldn't want to make up my own cables.

Advantage: you can use whatever fancy RCA-RCA interconnnect you like
    Disadvantage: you introduce an additional plug/socket interface.

If you go down this route, check that pin1 of the XLR is connected to pin 3 (not pin2), otherwise the amplifier will invert the signal.
    Last edited by Barry; 22-03-2019 at 19:13. Reason: Addition
    Barry

I'm Norman.

Hi Tom, I have a pair of Van Damme silver plated cable RCA Male TO XLR Male (Neutrik), if you're interested I am probably get them in post tomorrow. PM if interested
    Regards Norman

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast